List Mgmt. Will the Hawks end up landing a big fish? Trade and FA news discussion of Hawthorn targets

Who should Hawks make a play for?

• Lynch

• McGovern

• Cogs

• We don't need any of these players

• Gaff

• Another player not mentioned above (specify in comments)

• B.Hill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hannebery is one player I despise the most from an opposition club, he is always trying to do the "tough guy" stuff when a player has his back turned or when he is the third man in, in a scuffle.

Do not want, even if he was back to his best again.
Goes missing in grand finals, too.

I keep hearing this.

Absolutely no way we’re making formal offers if we know it’s done to Richmond. And formal offers have been made.

From what I hear - Connors is probably the most powerful man in the AFL - you don't piss him off when a player of his is in play because at most clubs he has sway over several other top line players. He knows this but is also meticulous with his dealings with all clubs and keeps everyone as happy as they can (he is the Vladimir Putin of the AFL)

Goes missing in grand finals, too.

Up until that 2014 GF, Hannebury treated the Hawks with utter contempt.
It all stemmed back to his first game against us (which would have been about his 4th AFL game) and he kicked 4 gals and 28 touches (give or take).
Always did as he pleased with that sh!t eating grin on his face.

I know he has had his troubles but fully fit and of determined mind I would have him.
Besides, he might lure an old friend back.

Up until that 2014 GF, Hannebury treated the Hawks with utter contempt.
It all stemmed back to his first game against us (which would have been about his 4th AFL game) and he kicked 4 gals and 28 touches (give or take).
Always did as he pleased with that sh!t eating grin on his face.

I know he has had his troubles but fully fit and of determined mind I would have him.
Besides, he might lure an old friend back.

No thanks on 700k + for the next 3 seasons and his best footy is way behind him, starting to look like a Daisy Thomas peaking early in his career.

Lynch will command circa $1m per year for 6 years. Any less and you lose your spot at the table. That simple. No mucking around on this one.

I actually think that's completely reasonable for someone that can quickly realise there potential in the right environment. Tom Boyd commanded that much, and thankfully for the Doggies his one good game, was the one that mattered (the poor supporters who had had decades of misery probably think it was a small price to pay to win a flag!), I think Ben Brown would be on huge coin, Buddy obviously, Tex Walker, Riewoldt etc. - it's just the going rate for people you build your forward line around.

Go balls to the wall if you ask me, $1m/y for six years small price to pay for someone who could reshape our club. I'd much rather pay him an extra $2-300k than TOB! :sick:

I actually think that's completely reasonable for someone that can quickly realise there potential in the right environment. Tom Boyd commanded that much, and thankfully for the Doggies his one good game, was the one that mattered (the poor supporters who had had decades of misery probably think it was a small price to pay to win a flag!), I think Ben Brown would be on huge coin, Buddy obviously, Tex Walker, Riewoldt etc. - it's just the going rate for people you build your forward line around.

Go balls to the wall if you ask me, $1m/y for six years small price to pay for someone who could reshape our club. I'd much rather pay him an extra $2-300k than TOB! :sick:

You’ve nailed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch will command circa $1m per year for 6 years. Any less and you lose your spot at the table. That simple. No mucking around on this one.

Expect it may be $1m for Richmond, $1.1m for Collingwood and $1.2m for us....

The only way we bring our annual bit down is to go long on years e.g. 7 year deal on $1.1m.

From what I hear - Connors is probably the most powerful man in the AFL - you don't piss him off when a player of his is in play because at most clubs he has sway over several other top line players. He knows this but is also meticulous with his dealings with all clubs and keeps everyone as happy as they can (he is the Vladimir Putin of the AFL)

Does Gil owe him money?

We need to put some money aside for when Sicily is coming out of contract, there will be clubs coming at him at 1 million a year offers not unlike JGov!
So essentially we could have (two) Million dollar players (Sis,Lynch) on our list in a couple of years which can only be offset with a PREMIERSHIP!!!!!

We need to put some money aside for when Sicily is coming out of contract, there will be clubs coming at him at 1 million a year offers not unlike JGov!
So essentially we could have (two) Million dollar players (Sis,Lynch) on our list in a couple of years which can only be offset with a PREMIERSHIP!!!!!
No doubt the club are looking into extending his contract.

If we're to be worried about anyone it's Gunston. One of our best players, restricted free agent and will be in high demand if he chooses to explore his options. Currently on a $2M over 3 year deal. I expect he'll stay with us but no doubt he's going to be on more than that this time around. Ultra consistent high performer over his time with us - particularly around finals time. He'll (rightfully) expect to be compensated even better now that Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Rioli, etc, etc are gone. If Lynch comes in on a million or more then Gunston should be expecting $800k or more a season.

Maclure is convinced he is going to Richmond although confirmed he actually doesn't know so that means everything is still up in the air. I'm convinced we are the best fit and if he looks past the tigers recent success and if he does his proper homework he will realise that too. Riewoldt has at least 3-4 years left and with the way they set up who's going to be the main man?, At least you know with us he will definitely be the main man by the end of next year if not the start of next year. We also have the best coach of the modern era who gets the very best out of most players he coaches. Dimma has only just got to that point.

They would be breaking the bank paying him what he wants which will mean other players will be putting their hands out for a pay rise or could be pushed out. On the other hand we have enough leeway now with Cyril's exit to pay him what he wants and not cause any rippling effects imo. This isn't just a biased assessment, it makes sense if you look at it from a neutral perpective.

Maclure is convinced he is going to Richmond although confirmed he actually doesn't know so that means everything is still up in the air. I'm convinced we are the best fit and if he looks past the tigers recent success and if he does his proper homework he will realise that too. Riewoldt has at least 3-4 years left and with the way they set up who's going to be the main man?, At least you know with us he will definitely be the main man by the end of next year if not the start of next year. We also have the best coach of the modern era who gets the very best out of most players he coaches. Dimma has only just got to that point.

They would be breaking the bank paying him what he wants which will mean other players will be putting their hands out for a pay rise or could be pushed out. On the other hand we have enough leeway now with Cyril's exit to pay him what he wants and not cause any rippling effects imo. This isn't just a biased assessment, it makes sense if you look at it from a neutral perpective.

That’s a bloody interesting perspective. Coz the entire footy world has got the Tigers miles ahead of us in all facets: List, 100k members, crowds, flag threat etc.

But you make a good point. We don’t have to break the bank. The other 2 do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back