Who would you support if your team folded and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

No matter what happens we won't fold lol

But to answer your question i wouldn't support any team in the AFL if Essendon were deregistred. I would play and watch the finals thats it probably.

I'd be upset too if it was a possibility! Mull it over properly mate it might just happen. Just don't start following North, we don't want you!

People like you ruin the good name of North supporters. I have nothing else to say to you.

I'd still support my team. Because I knew that they tried every possible thing to try and achieve success.

I've followed the Swans for a relatively short time - 12 years. Didn't grow up with the game (lived in Western Sydney, lol) and only started getting into at 18 when I left home for uni in the city. I mention the time as in those 12 years I've grown utterly devoted to my team. Suggestions that I'm a fair weather fan or not the real deal because I didn't follow the game as a kid genuinely rankle. If the Swans folded, I'd be crushed, and couldn't follow another team. However, I'm still aware that 12 years of support is nothing compared to the hours logged by a lot of people on this site. So if I can't imagine following another, I can't even begin to think how a lifelong Dons fan would respond to even a hypothetical like the one you're posing. I seriously hope no-one loses anything that big during the months to come.

And to the North fans lapping this up? Seriously...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Richmond? Goodnight. Back to the track on a Saturday arvo. Well, that's if they get fair dinkum about cleaning up racing. Golf is looking good.

I would never support another team.
I don't think I'd follow the AFL any longer.
I can't see myself replacing my AFL following with another code or sport.
I guess I'd get some time back.

Hull got relegated and I just lost a whole bunch of interest in the EPL, I still follow it and watch games but not with the same level of enthusiasm. I feel like I would be the same if the Swans went under.

Hull got relegated and I just lost a whole bunch of interest in the EPL, I still follow it and watch games but not with the same level of enthusiasm. I feel like I would be the same if the Swans went under.
You can thank Phil Brown for that one.

This was discussed alot around the gold coast/north affair. 99% of supporters (like me) said they would leave the game and support another code. You have far too much emotionally invested to just support another team...

Really another code was the most common answer? I would have thought most peoples reactions would have been to take a lesser interest in the AFL and start supporting their local club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you support if your team folded and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back