Who would you support if your team folded and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

aflife

Team Captain
Aug 25, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
In the light of recent news i thought to myself if i was in an Essendon supporters situation and my team was more than likely going to fold if they are banned for 2 years. Who would i support instead?

I would choose between Bulldogs or North

Help out a struggling team (in terms of supporter base) and boost membership numbers. It could be good for football if the bombers went under meaning strengthening the rest of the competition IMO.

This was discussed alot around the gold coast/north affair. 99% of supporters (like me) said they would leave the game and support another code. You have far too much emotionally invested to just support another team...

Most would struggle to support another team, Gold Coast or West Syd might be popular, as most haven't yet had the chance to build up a dislike for them.

I would probably watch games and barrack for one team over the other in particular games, but could not bring myself to support another team.

This reply is most likely too sensible for obvious troll thread.

Maybe a more pertainent question would be who would you support if your team was forced to play? in a league other than the AFL.

Would you still follow your team in they only played in the VFL?
And if they from now on only played in the VFL and you no longer followed them, does that mean you were really just an "AFL" supporter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the game too much to walk away from it completely

I'd probably end up supporting Gold Coast, Brisbane or North, if any team at all

Yet it is a legitimate question when speculating on "Norf"

I am loving this so much.

Get over yourself.

The people who talk in such ways about North are doing exactly what you've become so good at- trolling.

Just like this thread is a troll. A piece of rubbish.

Get over yourself.

The people who talk in such ways about North are doing exactly what you've become so good at- trolling.

Just like this thread is a troll. A piece of rubbish.
I'd be upset too if it was a possibility! Mull it over properly mate it might just happen. Just don't start following North, we don't want you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you support if your team folded and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back