Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to be the Eagles..
567ca7c1072e13a11801cfc77aa45b8e.jpg
Well done on throwing your money away, even if the Coasters do win.

Biden has 0 shot of winning the Presidency.

Surprised to see the confidence some have in Richmond at the moment.
I think we are a fair way off our best.
Dysfunctional up forward, backline A little less solid than in previous years.

we need a few players to come back and find form right away. Prestia, Edwards and Astbury important for mine

Its certainly not beyond us but I think others are definitely better placed right now. Geelong and WC in particular.

Hard to say, I don't think any team is firing on all cylinders atm.
My head says Richmond, even though they are doing their standard build up over the year/season and it is misfiring more than usual.
WCE look awesome when on, but we'll have to see whether they can do that in a hub over East or wherever.
The teams up top right now aren't looking overly convincing.

i still think brisbane. im betting they will be the only team to have home ground advantages during the finals, and for all their goalkicking woes they are second on percentage only. it amazes me how the second placed team who will have the only home ground advantage during finals can go so far under the radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter who wins it will be an "asterisk"
No matter how much certain media arsehats (Wayne Carey) deny the fact and talk up the season.
For the winners it's a flag and I'll happily accept it if it's a pies flag, but for everyone else there are so many intangibles, and if's and buts as to make the year a write off.

I hate to turn this thread political but Biden has a ridiculous lead in Florida. Without getting into detail, Trump/GOP cant win the election if they lose Florida.
Losing Florida in 2016, he still would have won 277 to 261 - so not sure you can make that assertion. And then you have the issue of pre-election polling being an absolute shambles in recent times.

Agree with this.

I would also say they have the least margin for error and the most "danger games" left in their fixture.

Like last year, they will need to run the table if they want to finish top 4.

If they can do that, they will be in the box seat and go in to finals as flag favourites.

If they lose to either West Coast or Geelong, those two clubs will be far and away favourites for the flag and Richmond will have to do it from outside top 4.

This year's I actually want to finish outside the top 4. It will allow an extra game for Edwards Prestia and astbury to gain form

Seriously mate glass houses. Most of what you can say can equally be applied to Freo with drugs (Yarran, Bennell, Hogan, Johnson, Polak etc), CEO feeding the fans wrong info (Neale isn't going anywhere) etc

We get it you hate the Eagles, but constantly getting on your high horse about the above stuff make you look like a massive hypocrite when Freo has plenty of skeletons in their closet also.

Give it a rest. If you want to keep calling the Eagles slime take it to the Freo board with the rest of the sycophants.

Sycophant is what the West Australian media is & why a lot of eagles suporters get very touchy when the eastern states media occasionally have a crack at your team..You are not used to it.
Chris mainwaring was banned from the club 6 months before dying of a drug overdose for asking the wrong questions in an interview with woosha. For some reason he was devastated..

Trevor Nisbet is a worm & West coast are collingwood on the other side of Australia with less scrutiny ..

Sycophant is what the West Australian media is & why a lot of eagles suporters get very touchy when the eastern states media occasionally have a crack at your team..You are not used to it.
Chris mainwaring was banned from the club 6 months before dying of a drug overdose for asking the wrong questions in an interview with woosha. For some reason he was devastated..

Trevor Nisbet is a worm & West coast are collingwood on the other side of Australia with less scrutiny ..

Cool story

Does that make Fremantle the St Kilda of WA?
Lots of off field controversy but little on field success to back it up

Brisbane will find unassailable form at the right time and Harris Andrews will be their premiership captain on the day.

Failing that, a West Coast-Richmond GF to cap the 2017-20 period, or Geelong overcoming their crunch game hurdle, are narratives I'd be fine with. But with a few rounds left I wouldn't count out some of the midtable contender perennials just yet, especially after 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Back