Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few weeks from now then it’s a bonafide premiership contender in Carlton v a top 8 contender in Collingwood

Might get a half decent match

Blues irrepressible atm 😍💙

Very cool round 6 story.

At the same stage of last year's season, St Kilda was first.

Carlton are playing good footy and I think they're finally the real deal, but it's a long season.

We aren’t first now either.

My point is that it is premature to go with "flag contender" this early regardless of where Carlton may sit on the ladder.

By round 15 we might see some of the Blues' finest supporters calling for Vossie's head (and microwaving their memberships).

We aren’t first now either.

We’re just conscious that having a team that’s decent not rubbish is a novel concept to the Carlton folks …

… it’s prudent not to peak too early.

Very cool round 6 story.

At the same stage of last year's season, St Kilda was first.

Carlton are playing good footy and I think they're finally the real deal, but it's a long season.
They don’t call this a banter thread for nothing.. 😉

I’m sure Carlton v Collingwood in a couple of weeks will be a cracker

They don’t call this a banter thread for nothing.. 😉

I’m sure Carlton v Collingwood in a couple of weeks will be a cracker

My best mate supports Carlton.

To this day, the a*hole regularly sends me Wayne Harmes gifs.

Should the unspeakable occur in round 8, life will become unbearable.

Carlton knocking off GWS would be hurting a lot of people in here today considering most , if not all , had GWS as the main contender up to this point.
They are the main contender still I feel, and it’s not hurting at all. The game was at Marvel and I would be asking questions of your credentials had you guys lost that. Similarly if we had lost to Port at the MCG.

We both beat the 2 sides whom most think at the moment are going the best. Pies albeit more comfortably.

Let the fun and games begin. As this thread is renamed from not who will finish higher but who will be better. I expect both sides to be there PF weekend again at a minimum.

I still will back my boys as we are proven and have runs on the board in big games.

Cheers!

They are the main contender still I feel, and it’s not hurting at all. The game was at Marvel and I would be asking questions of your credentials had you guys lost that. Similarly if we had lost to Port at the MCG.

We both beat the 2 sides whom most think at the moment are going the best. Pies albeit more comfortably.

Let the fun and games begin. As this thread is renamed from not who will finish higher but who will be better. I expect both sides to be there PF weekend again at a minimum.

I still will back my boys as we are proven and have runs on the board in big games.

Cheers!
Would be interesting to see where the pies would be at if they had a substantial injury list. I don't think their depth is anywhere near what's Carltons is currently in my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interesting to see where the pies would be at if they had a substantial injury list. I don't think their depth is anywhere near what's Carltons is currently in my opinion
Injuries are part and parcel of our game, Collingwood have had more then there fair share over the years as well mate, think Darcy Moore, Jaime Elliott, Jeremy Howe, we've just had one of our key players medically retired, but good clubs adjust and adapt to that.

Depth debates are an excuses debate. The clubs job is to make sure there are 44 players whom can come in at any given time.

Taking potshots at the reigning premiers list is brave and stupid. The boys have got the groove back and I watched both games yesterday and after what I saw, I am not worried whatsoever in Round 8.

Refer 2023. Lose Howe for 4 months round 1. McStay for 12 weeks by round 4, Cameron for 6 weeks from round 3, Cox for 4 weeks from round 4. All talls, all keys.

It's not the same as a few flankers being out?

Injuries are part and parcel of our game, Collingwood have had more then there fair share over the years as well mate, think Darcy Moore, Jaime Elliott, Jeremy Howe, we've just had one of our key players medically retired, but good clubs adjust and adapt to that.

Depth debates are an excuses debate. The clubs job is to make sure there are 44 players whom can come in at any given time.

Taking potshots at the reigning premiers list is brave and stupid. The boys have got the groove back and I watched both games yesterday and after what I saw, I am not worried whatsoever in Round 8.
Only missing McStay from best 22 I reckon. Depth debates are relevant. Some clubs just wouldn't function without an extensive depth list . Richmond for example.
Sometimes I just wish for a healthy list for my club, it seems like an eternity

My best mate supports Carlton.

To this day, the a*hole regularly sends me Wayne Harmes gifs.

Should the unspeakable occur in round 8, life will become unbearable.
I fear for you, I really do.

When the inevitable moment comes in a couple of weeks, don’t fight it… go with it.

Relax back into the realisation your watching the glory that is The Carlton Football Club.

Carlton loves you ❤️.

Last edited:
Only missing McStay from best 22 I reckon. Depth debates are relevant. Some clubs just wouldn't function without an extensive depth list . Richmond for example.
Sometimes I just wish for a healthy list for my club, it seems like an eternity
So why are you mentioning depth conversations with the reigning premier?

A lot of Carlton supporters seem to think they know what it takes to win a flag yet most on this forum would never of seen one.

So why are you mentioning depth conversations with the reigning premier?

A lot of Carlton supporters seem to think they know what it takes to win a flag yet most on this forum would never of seen one.
I would imagine a healthy list goes a long way to winning flags - been that way since Jesus was playing for Jerusalem 3rds. All of Carltons flags since I've been alive were with healthy lists apart from Ross Ditchburn going down with a knee.
Doesn't take much to derail a season. We can't win it with our current side and need players to return in july / august.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back