Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

I just think with closer to a full compliment of players, you'll see a different Carlton.

So do keep on laughing Pies fans and your new found partners in bromance Cats fans.

There's not even nine rounds of footy played yet. He or she who laughs last laughs loudest after all.

The stones that have been thrown at us have been duly collected!

Last edited:
I just think with closer to a full compliment of players, you'll see a different Carlton.

So do keep on laughing Pies fans and your new partners in bromance Cats fans.

There's not even nine rounds of footy played yet. He or she who laughs last laughs loudest after all.

The stones that have been thrown at us have been duly collected!
We only threw the stones back at you that were thrown at us earlier in the year.

You can keep those stones too please.

We only threw the stones back at you that were thrown at us earlier in the year.

You can keep those stones too please.
It's funny i asked a few weeks ago could anyone name a worse flag winner over the last fifty years than Collingwood 2023?

All these weeks later and my question remains unanswered! That's kind of says it all i think.

how? the Blues small forwards look insipid and very uninspiring
Fogarty, Cuningham and Durdin are all in the top 10 in the comp in F50 tackles amongst players that have played >1 game. McKay is also very strong in that area despite being 200cm+. So far this year Carlton have averaged 15.6 tackles i50 - next best is Port with 13.8.

But you are right the likes of Durdin/Owies/Fantasia have not done enough but they wouldn't be in the team if it wasn't for extended injuries to Motlop, Martin and Fogarty. That's why I say those names might not sound like significant outs to oppo supporters but when they are all out like that it leaves you playing your 4th, 5th and 6th smalls instead and there is a drop off in overall team performance.

It's funny i asked a few weeks ago could anyone name a worse flag winner over the last fifty years than Collingwood 2023?

All these weeks later and my question remains unanswered! That's kind of says it all i think.
There are too many to respond with to be fair, 3 recents off top of my head Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017, West Coast 2018

Fogarty, Cuningham and Durdin are all in the top 10 in the comp in F50 tackles amongst players that have played >1 game. McKay is also very strong in that area despite being 200cm+. So far this year Carlton have averaged 15.6 tackles i50 - next best is Port with 13.8.

But you are right the likes of Durdin/Owies/Fantasia have not done enough but they wouldn't be in the team if it wasn't for extended injuries to Motlop, Martin and Fogarty. That's why I say those names might not sound like significant outs to oppo supporters but when they are all out like that it leaves you playing your 4th, 5th and 6th smalls instead and there is a drop off in overall team performance.
how many goals have those smalls kicked out of curiosity?

There are too many to respond with to be fair, 3 recents off top of my head Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017, West Coast 2018
Defo not the worst premiership winning side but Richmond 2017 and WCE 2018 were actually very good sides

I actually think the Pies of last year were decent too (as far as premiership winning sides go)

Just because they found a unique game style and executed it well without star power on every line doesn’t mean they were a bad premiership side

A team that had the minor premiership locked down a month out and then didnt lose a final isnt a weak premier.

Richmond 2020 who finished 3rd, lost their QF and then lucked out to get Port in Adelaide on the way to the GF is a weak premier.

Defo not the worst premiership winning side but Richmond 2017 and WCE 2018 were actually very good sides

I actually think the Pies of last year were decent too (as far as premiership winning sides go)

Just because they found a unique game style and executed it well without star power on every line doesn’t mean they were a bad premiership side
I was basing it off total wins during season, ladder position and % as thats really the only way you can judge it without personal bias coming into play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A team that had the minor premiership locked down a month out and then didnt lose a final isnt a weak premier.

Richmond 2020 who finished 3rd, lost their QF and then lucked out to get Port in Adelaide on the way to the GF is a weak premier.

I really enjoy Pie supporters talking down the Tigers winning 3 flags in 4 years

I think that was Collingwood grand final to tell you the truth!
Congratulations for making the dumbest comment in the thread . This was a regulation win for us under Macrae.

Usually that kind of s**t posting is reserved for diminishing teams who have achieved nothing , never seen it levelled at the reigning premiers before.

Probably because nobody took the question seriously.

Back