Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s fine, we’ve had half our team out for the bulk of the year and somehow remain within striking distance of the top 4. Agree that’s it’s a big game given upcoming draw. It’s only Essendon though, c’mon….
I was surprised to see this but both Carlton and Collingwood have 9 players to have played all 15 games this year and 17 that have played 12 or more. Make of that what you will.

I was surprised to see this but both Carlton and Collingwood have 9 players to have played all 15 games this year and 17 that have played 12 or more. Make of that what you will.
Don’t follow Carlton closely enough to comment really. Though if you have had a similar run of injuries to us over the season then kudos for sitting in 2nd.

Sucks to be you then my friend.

Looking forward to our upcoming clash.
Our players need to invest in buying suits of armour for extra protection around Darcy Moore.

Don’t follow Carlton closely enough to comment really. Though if you have had a similar run of injuries to us over the season then kudos for sitting in 2nd.
It's all good we understand.
Particularly when you have premiership players like Cox missing as opposed to Carlton missing Weitering for example. Would be hurting the pies a lot , lot more .

Collingwood are now getting their old mate Michael Christian to suspend our players for nothing - pathetic stuff

Don’t think there’s too much to argue there, it’s a week , move on.

Yep, pretty sure as soon as Boyd did it, he knew he was in trouble.

I think it's right on the line of medium/low impact

Mansell certainly contributed by coming up then ducking

I suspect we challenge it

We got best legal representation money can buy. It will be appealed, and Boyd will be free to play.
There understanding of how the game is played, and then there are collingwood supporters who simply watch it with their rose coloured glasses on.

Missed the first month of footy.
LOL

2 games I think it was, OR and the massive clash against powerhouse Richmond.

You’ve been so cruelled with him out this year!!

I legitimately thought he was out for you to be referencing him. But first 2 games of the year, it’s a stretch.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There understanding of how the game is played, and then there are collingwood supporters who simply watch it with their rose coloured glasses on.
Or there is this element to it that Carlton do very well at Tribunal
Make It Rain Throwing Money GIF by paidoff

LOL

2 games I think it was, OR and the massive clash against powerhouse Richmond.

You’ve been so cruelled with him out this year!!

I legitimately thought he was out for you to be referencing him. But first 2 games of the year, it’s a stretch.
Yes Weitering missed the first 2 games, came back after the bye, Walsh the first 4 & our injury list grew quickly to 15 from there - in the middle of 11 straight games against top 8 sides.

Our current winning run of 5 straight has come once players like Saad & McGovern came back after long setbacks.

We’ve had as many injuries as Collingwood, just earlier in the season.

Now it’s The Dirty Birds chance to show their resilience - having almost lost to the all-conquering North Melbourne, bravely falling short against the almighty Gold Coast, now up against an Edgy * team breathing fire!!

Another amazing Dirty Bird chapter is about to be written!

💩🤢🤮

Yes Weitering missed the first 2 games, came back after the bye, Walsh the first 4 & our injury list grew quickly to 15 from there - in the middle of 11 straight games against top 8 sides.

Our current winning run of 5 straight has come once players like Saad & McGovern came back after long setbacks.

Now it’s The Dirty Birds chance to show their resilience - having almost lost to the all-conquering North Melbourne, bravely falling short against the almighty Gold Coast, now up against an Edgy * team breathing fire!!

💩🤢🤮
It's not relevant as they aren't premiership players apparently

It's not relevant as they aren't premiership players apparently
Yep - that’s the entitled mentality that gives us comments like Frampton is a better player than Charlie C.

Is there a luckier plodder in the AFL than Frampton (or the talentless Cox) - bog-ordinary players who got lucky in a team that fell over the line in a GF.

Now they are all-conquering premiership players better than Lockett & Ablett because they “won” a premiership.

😜

💩🤢🤮

It’s a sad irony that Collingwood’s biggest loss isn’t from an injury suffered in a match, it was instead from a brutal GOATcos preseason training ground tackle on one of his own. That has ****ed their entire defense. Darcy Moore polled 45 coaches votes last year and only has 4 this year because he no longer has Nathan Murphy to hide behind.

So as many games as Collingwood have won because of GOATcos, they have lost just as many of them this year because of him. As I said, it’s a sad irony.

💩🤢🤮
Haha, why so insecure ?

I only stated Weitering has missed 2 games and you’ve just given me your life story!

🤣🤣😉

It’s a sad irony that Collingwood’s biggest loss isn’t from an injury suffered in a match, it was instead from a brutal GOATcos preseason training ground tackle on one of his own. That has ****ed their entire defense. Darcy Moore polled 45 coaches votes last year and only has 4 this year because he no longer has Nathan Murphy to hide behind.

So as many games as Collingwood have won because of GOATcos, they have lost just as many of them this year because of him. As I said, it’s a sad irony.
Yeah, not sold on your gleeful gloating about Murphy retiring due to concussion.

I get that you’re all very excited about your July runners-up status, but pretty tasteless even for a banter thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back