Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He isn't going to get too many votes on the back of losses, but he has easily been the best midfielder during that time in those games. But I'm sure you will roll your arse in here with a wow or a ha ha , and come up with asterisks for those games
Incorrect.

If midfielders 'dominate' games, they get Brownlow votes regardless.

I saw Ben Cousins 'dominate' a game against Collingwood in the early 2000's, a game in which his team lost by 15 goals.

Guess who got the 3 votes on Brownlow night?

B. Cousins.

We've heard it all this morning, folks.

I don't look at Scott Pendlebury and think 'Gee, he's been particularly dominant against Carlton over his career'..

But if we're being told that a player who has 3 wins and 10 Brownlow votes from 15 games is the most dominant player Collingwood has seen play against them, where does that leave Scott Pendlebury?

22 wins and 23 Brownlow votes from 30 games, despite not polling a single Brownlow vote since 2020 (the guy is now 36 years old).

"That Carlton lost " - there is your asterisk ladies and gentleman. It doesn't matter if Carlton lost the game, cripps dominated and you know it .
He had the chance to completely dominate it, in the same way Nick Daicos did this year when not only was he the clear BOG, but also kicked the winning goal, but from memory there was a holding the ball called against Cripps in one of the last plays of the night that saw the end of Carlton's 2022 season....

'Domination'.

Cripps is 29.
The blues didn’t play in finals for 10 years.
That makes him 19 by time he played in more finals than Cotchin?
Are you sure of those stats?

Who mentioned age? Cotchin had played in 3x losing finals losses before he lead his team to 3 flags.

Cripps has played in 2x finals win & 1x finals loss.

The poster was claiming to reach such heights to be labelled a ‘spiritual leader’ they needed to lead their teams to more finals wins and play more finals. Now tell me, how did Cotchin lead his team to a dynasty without doing this? Madness.

Incorrect.

If midfielders 'dominate' games, they get Brownlow votes regardless.

I saw Ben Cousins 'dominate' a game against Collingwood in the early 2000's, a game in which his team lost by 15 goals.

Guess who got the 3 votes on Brownlow night?

B. Cousins.

Fuaarrrkk this is a mad burn. Close the thread.

We've heard it all this morning, folks.

I don't look at Scott Pendlebury and think 'Gee, he's been particularly dominant against Carlton over his career'..

But if we're being told that a player who has 3 wins and 10 Brownlow votes from 15 games is the most dominant player Collingwood has seen play against them, where does that leave Scott Pendlebury?

22 wins and 23 Brownlow votes from 30 games, despite not polling a single Brownlow vote since 2020 (the guy is now 36 years old).
Again, we aren't bringing up other players here. It was a direct response to collingwood posters talking about Cripps . Not Cameron, not Pendlebury . Take a deep breath and just admit that Cripps was BOG in that game then move on . Try not to leave any of your astericks in your response either I know it's very hard for you not to leave the astericks. Be humble

lol Cripps has played in as many, and more winning finals as Cotchin before he lead his team to 3 flags in 4 years.

You’re just making things up to suit your narrative.

lol Cripps has played in as many, and more winning finals as Cotchin before he lead his team to 3 flags in 4 years.

You’re just making things up to suit your narrative.
Sounds like tales from the Cripps to me. So many finals yet nothing to show for it. Must be a very average leader

Who mentioned age? Cotchin had played in 3x losing finals losses before he lead his team to 3 flags.

The poster was claiming to reach such heights to be labelled a ‘spiritual leader’ they needed to lead their teams to more finals wins and play more finals. Now tell me, how did Cotchin lead his team to a dynasty without doing this? Madness.
It's simple, you've won **** all, no amount of Cripps is going to change that. Sounds like a pretty average leader to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had the chance to completely dominate it, in the same way Nick Daicos did this year when not only was he the clear BOG, but also kicked the winning goal, but from memory there was a holding the ball called against Cripps in one of the last plays of the night that saw the end of Carlton's 2022 season....

'Domination'.
That is Gold, well done.
That play in 22’
last gasp stuff, if you get the ball bang it forward immediately to score and get in the finals.
What does Cripps do?
Tries to break numerous tackles and be the one to get all the pats on the back!

Great leader 🤣🤣🤣

Age is relevant to working out the timeframes.

Age is relevant to working out the timeframes.

No it's not, you're just a simpleton.

Tell me, what did you think of Cotchin as a leader at the end of 2016? 3x finals losses in a row, followed by a 13th placed finish. You would've said Pendlebury was a much better leader, I'd imagine.

Then tell me what happened.

No it's not, you're just a simpleton.

Tell me, what did you think of Cotchin as a leader at the end of 2016? 3x finals losses in a row, followed by a 13th placed finish. You would've said Pendlebury was a much better leader, I'd imagine.

Then tell me what happened.
You like name calling by the sounds of it. That's pretty standard for people who clutch at straws. It's really quite simple, even for simpletons, Cripps has achieved **** all

You like name calling by the sounds of it. That's pretty standard for people who clutch at straws. It's really quite simple, even for simpletons, Cripps has achieved **** all

Had a stellar AFL career, multiple AA's, BnF's, a Brownlow, chose to lead his club out of the doldrums instead of taking the easy road to success, will play 200-250 games, and now just became a Father for the first time - achieved plenty.

I'm confident his time for team success will come, but if it doesn't, it's still a bloody good effort.

You must think Buckley is a hack, what a shame - champion player for your club. Pies fans are pretty ungrateful imo.

Everyone is the footy world knows that Richmond's flags were because of Dusty. Carlton supporters haven't caught on yet, they'll pick it up eventually

Who got Dusty on the straight and narrow? Who played the biggest part in him staying after 2016(?). I'll let you figure it out.

Cotchin was an outstanding leader. Way better than Pendles who hasn't even captained a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back