Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Cripps doesn't get tagged??? I've officially fkin heard it all :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Love Collingwood supporters going on about the 6+ injured players that they have coming into the 23, all at the same time. Who is coming out geniuses? You can’t fit them all in. 😂
Good problem to have for a genuine contender, you might experience this feeling one day just not now.

I think this was a major issue in the past but when you look across the field now we have leaders on pretty much every line - we are obviously a more inexperienced team compared to a Pies so expect that to continue to grow. Weitering/Newman/Saad/Acres/Walsh/Cripps are especially good in this area.
All those blokes you listed have been in the system for a long time now!
No excuse

Pies played Pendlebury on him if I remember correctly. Worked well. Carlton struggled.
Cripps has also done well on Pendlebury in the past. Says a lot about Cripps' impact that McRae sends one of his most important midfielders to try negative Cripps. In that game from memory he was also getting some attention from Sullivan as well (i.e, two players on one).

Fadge, if Carlton win the premiership this year will you come in here and cop your right whack and finally have the balls to admit Carlton are a great side…

My guess, he vanishes like a fart in a fan factory…

Trust me, if your team wins a flag this year, you'll be out on the town celebrating, meeting girls, and almost getting laid if it's as big a night as mine almost was.

We prefer 46pt turnarounds, against the previous years Grand Finalists, at the Gabba… now that was a comeback!

Our 2 point come back with 5 mins to go in last year's GF was my favorite come back. Legitimately felt like a million point margin with zero goals kicked in the first 15 mins of the quarter before the Lions kicked one to take the lead, and with the wounds of 2018 still fresh. Thank **** for Coxlebury Da Gocos.

Last edited:
I’m a little blown away how little Dirty Bird fans know about our team, leaders & plain old reality.

“Carlton has lacked leaders aside from him”.

“When the game is on the line the rest fail to lift”.

Ignorant 💩
Yeah I dont watch a lot of Carlton, this is what I'm working with:When you beat us Cripps shines and the rest follow.

When we beat you we have blokes crash into Cripps and he runs himself into the ground. When it's hot and the leaders are vital I've seen so many Blues wait for Cripps rather than take the game on themselves.

The second happens more than the first.
I think this was a major issue in the past but when you look across the field now we have leaders on pretty much every line - we are obviously a more inexperienced team compared to a Pies so expect that to continue to grow. Weitering/Newman/Saad/Acres/Walsh/Cripps are especially good in this ararea
Yes the moment Saad returned I think you straightened up, I think you've won every game he played this year. Even a one eyed opponent can see his importance.

I'll keep a watch on the others, Walsh has obviously come on as a player, be good for you if he does grow as a leader.

Pies played Pendlebury on him if I remember correctly. Worked well. Carlton struggled.
Fly plays Pendles (and others) as a defensive mid, we haven't tagged hard in years (I think b it was out of fashion even when Bucks was in charge).

Pies do sometimes double team at bounces, a poster early showed pica of Pendles and Crisp bodyslamming Cripps at a bounce. That's what it takes to beat him.

However the defensive mids roll through the rotations and have their license to zone off when needed (eg Pendles was 30-40 metres away from Cripps in the 2022 heartbreak game when he found Elliot for the win).

We don't do hard tags, follow-you-to-the-bench, holding off the ball before the bounce. It eats the teams game away to stop one guy.

It's more about his lack of finals experience. Cripps doesn't really get tagged that much. It's a very well known thing right throughout the industry and there's nothing I could say that would change your mind. However, he's going to have to get quite a few grand finals and prelims before he reaches Dangerfield and Pendles

lol Cripps has played in as many, and more winning finals as Cotchin before he lead his team to 3 flags in 4 years.

You’re just making things up to suit your narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Cripps has played in as many, and more winning finals as Cotchin before he lead his team to 3 flags in 4 years.

You’re just making things up to suit your narrative.
Cripps is 29.
The blues didn’t play in finals for 10 years.
That makes him 19 by time he played in more finals than Cotchin?
Are you sure of those stats?

Short memories you people.
Cripps has dominated Collingwood more than any other player in the league in recent memory.
🤣
You do know the winning outcomes of these 2 teams in their last 10 games right?
Dominating his way to repeat loses, great leadership, that’s my basis for him being a player there for himself 🤣

As being inexperienced!
They gave been around for a long while is the fact though.
I’d say you’re about 15 years old.

Poor grammar, not listening, trolling for the sake of it.

There’s a difference between trolling and banter.

The rubbish you roll out is a little embarrassing for your Dirty Bird mates.

Short memories you people.
Cripps has dominated Collingwood more than any other player in the league in recent memory.
'Domination'

3 wins in 15 games against Collingwood.

10 Brownlow votes in 15 games against Collingwood (which is fewer average votes than many of the leading Brownlow votegetters career averages).

Research and Facts are important.

But I guess it's all relative...

Yeah I dont watch a lot of Carlton, this is what I'm working with:When you beat us Cripps shines and the rest follow.

When we beat you we have blokes crash into Cripps and he runs himself into the ground. When it's hot and the leaders are vital I've seen so many Blues wait for Cripps rather than take the game on themselves.

The second happens more than the first.

Yes the moment Saad returned I think you straightened up, I think you've won every game he played this year. Even a one eyed opponent can see his importance.

I'll keep a watch on the others, Walsh has obviously come on as a player, be good for you if he does grow as a leader.

Fly plays Pendles (and others) as a defensive mid, we haven't tagged hard in years (I think b it was out of fashion even when Bucks was in charge).

Pies do sometimes double team at bounces, a poster early showed pica of Pendles and Crisp bodyslamming Cripps at a bounce. That's what it takes to beat him.

However the defensive mids roll through the rotations and have their license to zone off when needed (eg Pendles was 30-40 metres away from Cripps in the 2022 heartbreak game when he found Elliot for the win).

We don't do hard tags, follow-you-to-the-bench, holding off the ball before the bounce. It eats the teams game away to stop one guy.
You really need to update your POV.

You keep referring to the past as though it’s the present?

Comparing how our team played in 2022 to now is like believing The Dirty Birds are as good as they were last year - far from it!

Losing your first 3 games, beating the worst team in the comp by 1 solitary point…your form is 💩.

We've won our last 3 without Cripps dominating - your narrative is dated.

'Domination'

10 Brownlow votes in 15 games against Collingwood (which is fewer average votes than many of the leading Brownlow votegetters career averages).

You have watched the 2022 game with your tissues on more than 1 occassion. Who got the votes ?

'Domination'

He isn't going to get too many votes on the back of losses, but he has easily been the best midfielder during that time in those games. But I'm sure you will roll your arse in here with a wow or a ha ha , and come up with asterisks for those games

So one game, that Carlton lost, is your justification to state 'Cripps has dominated Collingwood more than any other player in the league in recent memory'?

The answer you are looking for is Jeremy Cameron.
"That Carlton lost " - there is your asterisk ladies and gentleman. It doesn't matter if Carlton lost the game, cripps dominated and you know it .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back