Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Incorrect.

If midfielders 'dominate' games, they get Brownlow votes regardless.

I saw Ben Cousins 'dominate' a game against Collingwood in the early 2000's, a game in which his team lost by 15 goals.

Guess who got the 3 votes on Brownlow night?

B. Cousins.
You picking out 1 game here to suit your findings ?
I ask you once more, who was the best player on the ground in the 2022 game ?
Also, what is this top 50 you have referred to - I'm intrigued.

His old man was a better player and he didn't achieve the ultimate team success.
In fact, I have a few pies supporter friends who cringe with a lot of the stuff D Moore does on the footy field.
His old man was stronger and more durable and a better straight kick, but a below average captain.

And have Carlton friends who secretly love Darcy Moore.

You picking out 1 game here to suit your findings ?
I ask you once more, who was the best player on the ground in the 2022 game ?
Also, what is this top 50 you have referred to - I'm intrigued.
I honestly don't get what your point is?

I agree Cripps was the best player on the ground in the 2022 game, with both coaches and the umpires in agreement.

But so what?

He has been more dominant against Collingwood than any other player in recent times, on the strength of one game in which he was BOG, despite his team losing?

Maybe he's 'the most dominant Carlton player against Collingwood in recent times', but that's a pretty low bar... (and as I said, would be outside the list of top 50 players who have 'dominated' Collingwood in recent times).

I honestly don't get what your point is?

I agree Cripps was the best player on the ground in the 2022 game, with both coaches and the umpires in agreement.

But so what?

He has been more dominant against Collingwood than any other player in recent times, on the strength of one game in which he was BOG, despite his team losing?
Yep, even your coach has cottoned on after all these years and now tags him every single game. Even double tags .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do your friends hang out in the Hepburn Springs region ?
Nah in Bigfooty threads.
love actually GIF

This is you at Darcys house. Entirely platonic, just a pure footy love.
Love Actually Movie GIF by filmeditor

And Darcy likes you back. As a friend.

So, bloke is number 45 of all time for Brownlow votes and will go up further in this list, yet can't crack your top 50 of players to have played against Collingwood.
Are your eyes painted on ?
Hang on.

You're now talking 'Ever', and not just 'recent times'?

Examples of players since the turn of the century who have done significantly more damage to Collingwood than Cripps has:

J. Cameron
P. Dangerfield
J. Bartel
GAJ
S. Johnson
L. Shuey
J. Kennedy (WC)
J. McGovern
J. Akermanis
M. Voss
S. Black
A. McLeod
L. Hayes
B. Goddard
A. Goodes
L. Franklin
L. Hodge
S. Mitchell

What do all of the above players have in common?

Get my point?

Last edited:
Hang on.

Examples of players since the turn of the century who have done significantly more damage to Collingwood than Cripps has:

J. Cameron
P. Dangerfield
J. Bartel
GAJ
S. Johnson
L. Shuey
J. McGovern
J. Akermanis
M. Voss
S. Black
A. McLeod
L. Hayes
B. Goddard
A. Goodes
L. Franklin
L. Hodge
S. Mitchell

Get my point?
Guess who does the most damage against Carlton. J. Cameron

Hang on.

J. Cameron
P. Dangerfield
J. Bartel
GAJ
S. Johnson
L. Shuey
J. McGovern
J. Akermanis
M. Voss
S. Black
A. McLeod
L. Hayes
B. Goddard
A. Goodes
L. Franklin
L. Hodge
S. Mitchell

Get my point?

They all played for clubs not starting with the letter C?

Your the most boring trash talker I've ever come across. If you ever played against me, you'd be in tears after the first quarter. Give us something juicy
Are you some guy who thinks he is tough or something with trash talk on the field ? Give me a break . I played against Fawkner, thomastown, parkside, albanvale, nth heidelberg some of the roughest teams going around back in the day. You think you would make me cry ? That's funny in itself

Your the most boring trash talker I've ever come across. If you ever played against me, you'd be in tears after the first quarter. Give us something juicy
Calm your farm.

Are you some guy who thinks he is tough or something with trash talk on the field ? Give me a break . I played against Fawkner, thomastown, parkside, albanvale, nth heidelberg some of the roughest teams going around back in the day. You think you would make me cry ? That's funny in itself

Interesting leagues, couple of stints at the bullants and west preston

Nothing like today's game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back