Who is the shortest player currently on an AFL list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha, I noticed how big Ebert's head is when I saw him standing next to Nicoski they other night :p

As for Wirrpanda, he has long arms so that probably makes him look taller and lankier than he is. Embley is another one with long arms, he's not as tall as he looks either

Unless they just don't update their measurements from the draft.

No way the Panda is 173...

I've given two pieces of proof that he is. The onus is on anybody that disagrees to provide conflicting evidence. I've walked past Wirrpanda and whilst I am about 6"2" he passed me at about chin height. He is not very tall at all.

According to the AFL 2007 Record Season Guide book which lists all the players details, Peter Bell is 175. Rodan and Harvey 172. BTW, Alwyn Davey is also listed as 172.

Liberatore was only 163...shortarse!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way the Panda is 173...

He sure is. You're not the first person to be fooled into thinking he's taller tho

Pretty obvious when you see him in the flesh. I'm 6 foot on the nose, met him at a function once, and he's almost a head shorter.

Plays very tall, good overhead etc.

There's a reason why he's so good at ground level, he basically is at ground level standing upright.

Check him out standing next to average midfielder this week against the pies, he's short as.

Those are the same measurements that had Makepeace at 182cm;s for his career. Utter nonsense.

Campbell is noticably shorter than Brent Harvey.

Shortest players by club:

Adelaide- Matthew Bode, Tyson Edwards,Michael Doughty, Rhys Archard(rookie) all 178cm
Brisbane- Rhan Hooper 177cm
Carlton- Eddie Betts 173cm
Collingwood- Daniel Nicholls (rookie) 6ft, Leon Davis, Tarkyn Lockyer 6ft
Essendon- Alwyn Davey 171cm
Fremantle- Andrew Browne, Jeff Farmer 174cm
Geelong- Shannon Byrnes 175cm
Hawthorn- Shane Crawford, Ben McGlynn 174cm
Kangaroos- Brent Harvey 172cm
Melbourne-Aaron Davey 177cm
Port Adelaide- David Rodan 172cm
Richmond- Jake King 174cm
St Kilda- Stephen Milne, Leigh Montagna 178 cm
Sydney- Jared Crouch 173cm
West Coast- David Wirrpanda 173cm
Western Bulldogs- Jason Akermanis 177cm

Had to alter the Collingwood ones; like their stripes, some things are not meant to change :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is the shortest player currently on an AFL list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back