Universal Love Welcome to Carlton Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

As a born and bred Hobart boy, I admit that I had hoped Wright would come home and take the list manager’s job at the Devils.

But he’s obviously looking for the next stage in his career. I like the idea of a one-year handover with Cook. And Wright passes my litmus test of extensive involvement with successful clubs. I’m sure we’ve done our diligence on this decision. So best of luck to him in his efforts with our navy Blues!

We've been working on this for 12 months. This is why Wright stepped away from Collingwood I'd say. We gazumped them.

Highly regarded man groomed for a role where experience is a prime requirement, great appointment, welcome.

Haven’t been huge on the Houston chase. One win and the media are beating up another contest.

Thinking we have won the bigger battle with the old enemy.

Not sure of his credentials for the CEO role, would have preferred him taking over the footy department

Hopefully that's his main focus
Gets the chance to learn from the best in Cook, not to mention a year where his knowledge and experience in football departments can be used while he still does not have the fulltime CEO duties.

Welcome Graham!!

The Filth are Filthy! :D

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

We've been working on this for 12 months. This is why Wright stepped away from Collingwood I'd say.

His year away from Collingwood means we don't have to shower him with de-lousing wash like in Shawshank...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure of his credentials for the CEO role, would have preferred him taking over the footy department

Hopefully that's his main focus

Not sure all fans appreciate how much corporate, sponsorship, legal etc work would be involved at CEO level.

I dare say for CEO I'd prefer a business person with little football exposure than a football person with little business exposure.

But he's as experienced as they come in the football biz and Cook would be a great mentor during transition.

Not sure all fans appreciate how much corporate, sponsorship, legal etc work would be involved at CEO level.

I dare say for CEO I'd prefer a business person with little football exposure than a football person with little business exposure.

But he's as experienced as they come in the football biz and Cook would be a great mentor during transition.

Spot on

I think Wright is a great addition to the club, as long as we utilise his strengths

If we win games of football the money side will take care of itself. The challenge comes turning a profit when you win 2 games in a season.

If we win games of football the money side will take care of itself.

On-field and off-field success are linked closely, sure.

I'd argue that the best off-field operators would beget sustainable on-field success more than vice versa.

Urgghh, another filth plant with a point to prove to old club….anyhow, best of luck Wrighty

I’d dare say this appointment will have a lot to do with the footy department, many were very anti that when Liddle was CEO

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Carlton Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back