Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Patrick Wilson
Height: 188cm
Weight: 88kg
Position: Midfielder/defender
DOB: 11/12/94

BIO: Mature-age recruit who was part of Sturt’s 2017 SANFL premiership. Wilson, who quit football for a period in 2015, enjoyed a strong season after a shoulder injury prematurely ended his 2016 campaign. The strong-bodied ball winner establishing himself at the Double Blues as a half-back/wingman, but thrived in a midfield role this season and was named in the SANFL team of the year. He can also impact the scoreboard, kicking 18 goals from 19 games in 2017.

Patrick WILSON
2017 SANFL (Sturt)

Totals
  • 18 games
  • 18 goals
  • 13 behinds
  • 8 times in best players list

Averages
  • 14.3 kicks
  • 6.4 handballs
  • 20.7 disposals
  • 5.2 marks
  • 5.8 tackles
  • 0.2 hitouts
  • 4.4 inside 50s
  • 1.2 rebound 50s
  • 1.3 frees for
  • 2.1 frees against
  • 96.44 Dream Team points

Wish him all the best at AFC. I was hoping for a speculative pick with huge upside here. Hope this isn't another Jono Beech. A 24 year old doesn't have much upside unless there are reason's for him being left behind. Hopefully he proves my doubts wrong.

Wish him all the best at AFC. I was hoping for a speculative pick with huge upside here. Hope this isn't another Jono Beech. A 24 year old doesn't have much upside unless there are reason's for him being left behind. Hopefully he proves my doubts wrong.
Lucky he's 22 turning 23 then.

He had a stunning year in the SANFL, has much more midfield potential than Jono did. Super hard running and super tough.

Lucky he's 22 turning 23 then.

He had a stunning year in the SANFL, has much more midfield potential than Jono did. Super hard running and super tough.

Ok, so he will be 23. Thats quite a bit better than 24 actually. But he still past the age when I would think most players that come through the draft would have either "made it" or be delisted. Jono Beech was a pretty accomplished SANFL player, but never looked anything close to AFL level to me. Did Wilson really have a "stunning" year averaging 20 in the SANFL? I like his tackle numbers, but nothing else seems outstanding for a midfielder. My worry with all mature agers is how much more can they be developed. Like I said, hope he proves my doubts wrong. I would have preferred we gambled to develop somebody with some serious upside. At best this guy is going to be a fringe best 22 player.

Ok, so he will be 23. Thats quite a bit better than 24 actually. But he still past the age when I would think most players that come through the draft would have either "made it" or be delisted. Jono Beech was a pretty accomplished SANFL player, but never looked anything close to AFL level to me. Did Wilson really have a "stunning" year averaging 20 in the SANFL? I like his tackle numbers, but nothing else seems outstanding for a midfielder. My worry with all mature agers is how much more can they be developed. Like I said, hope he proves my doubts wrong. I would have preferred we gambled to develop somebody with some serious upside. At best this guy is going to be a fringe best 22 player.
He has developed alot in the last 18 months, And I'm sure some of that is playing in a much better team.

If he improves at the same rate he has done he could be a handy depth option.

He has developed alot in the last 18 months, And I'm sure some of that is playing in a much better team.

If he improves at the same rate he has done he could be a handy depth option.

That sounds good. But I hope we are drafting for more than a depth option. We have unearthed some pretty special players through the rookie system. Hope we are always mining for more. Maybe the list needed a player that could potentially play if required. We did go 2 short on the main list, so perhaps he covers a few different positions if needed. Anyway, we will see. Wish him all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a handy pick up, if only to fill a role if injury hits or players need a rest.
We could also be accused, as some have accused Port of recruiting to boost the SANFL side ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back