Game Day U18 National Championships - Allies v Vic Country Sunday July 7th 10.35am

Remove this Banner Ad

For years whenever I see u18s highlights, I'm completely underwhelmed even when a real talent supposedly tears it.up.
The elite traits, pace,real quality doesn't come through well on these videos, its when u see them live and tested that they blow your mind ,the difference from video to actual game is night and day,the videos are a complete distortion of actual reality.

How's Cooper Hynes looking?
Very good game overall, big strong body that has impacted in the middle but also while up forward. 18 disposals 5 contested 6 marks 3 tackles 3 clearances & 2 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic Country:
Lindsay was good in the midfield finishing with 8 clearances and 6 tackles to go with 18 disposals. Backed up a good game in his first outing with another solid performance.
Warburton was good in partnership with Travaglia coming from D50 to link up on the rebound. Used the ball really well on most occasions.
Berry was his usual dangerous self up forward kicking 2 goals for the game. Pushed a little higher up the ground this game to get more involved sending the ball into F50.
Travaglia was really good in the first half and a little quieter after half time. As mentioned formed a good partnership with Warburton coming out of D50.
Lalor didn't really venture out of the forward half and as a result had very little impact on the game that many would have been expecting to see. Hopefully he can show more of what he is capable of in their last 2 games.
J.Whitlock played a good overall game. Didn't impact on the scoreboard finishing with 0.2, but he did impact around the ground as a 2nd ruck option and marking option for his teammates as they exited defence. 18 disposals 11 contested 4 marks 5 clearances 2 tackles & 7 hitouts.
Langford probably BOG today in conditions that really suited him. Just found the footy and got from contest to contest all day. Did his draft stock no harm today and will be a handy pick up for any team.
Ough really good game linking up between D50 & F50. Uses the ball well and is quite composed and a good decision maker.
Hynes was impressive as a midfield/forward option. Won footy in middle to get it going Countrys way and then went forward later in the game to hit the scoreboard and gave the Country a marking target in the last quarter inside F50.
Faull strong first half where he showed his talents as a strong marking option inside F50. Like Lalor was a bit quieter across the 4 quarters but understandable as he has a delayed start to the season.

WA
Urquhart another strong performance in the midfield with 11 contested possessions and 6 clearances. Has had a solid Champs carnival.
Allan showed again why he is the highest rated WA player. Very good across the whole game and led his team strongly. Won plenty of contested ball and strong defensively with 7 tackles.
Gerreyn was impressive after a quiet outing in his last game and shows that there is plenty of depth in the big man pool this year. Very mobile player who covers the ground well and uses the ball pretty well for a big man.

Entertaining game, VIC Country overall were the better team, but WA steamed home in the last Q and were unlucky not to win

For VC

Lalor and Faull, were quite, underdone returning from injury

Thought Langford was close to VC best. Natural footballer, racks them up inside and outside, great left foot.

Hynes 191cm medium forward/ mid, great in the air and good inside game as a mid. He’s definitely in R1 calculations imo.

Across hb Travaglia, Ough and Tarui were all very good. All good by foot. Tarui also good in the air.

Like Lindsay, who like many left footers, looks silky. He’s the guy you want to see kicking it.

Day-Wicks ( a tiger supporter) , dangerous medium forward/ mid.

Burmeister ( not sure spelling) looks a good development prospect- ruck/ forward, big leap. Had a good battle with Riddle in the ruck

For WA

Bo Allan, was good in the midfield, strong through the hips and hard to bring down, he shrugged a Hynes tackle at one stage which is a good effort. Kicking let him down a bit. A few dinky little 20m passes that he turned over

Rodriguez, WOW!!, he’s a jet. Explosive through the midfield. Surely top 10 next years ND.

Denis, close to WAs best I thought. Excellent intercept mark. Reminded me of Nic Vlaustin, 3rd man up, super reliable.

URqhuart, Davis, Boxall,Curren,,Walley and Banfield played well.

Angove , meters gained, must have been impressive. Real dasher and penetrating 60 m kick.

All I wanna know is: is Zaydyn Locksmith still rated in the top 30 as some posters here keep saying. Or is he now touted top 10? Did he hide enough by not getting selected in the Vic Country team? I miss Myer Boxing Day sales so bad I think Tigers should use our 1st pick on him just to maximise our discount points wise.....😉

All I wanna know is: is Zaydyn Locksmith still rated in the top 30 as some posters here keep saying. Or is he now touted top 10? Did he hide enough by not getting selected in the Vic Country team? I miss Myer Boxing Day sales so bad I think Tigers should use our 1st pick on him just to maximise our discount points wise.....😉
Using our first on Sam Davidson....next Richo on the wing according to some here...

Should draft Wesley Walley just to hear the commentators stumbling over his name...imagine BT trying to say it in the heat of the moment......:$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back