• One week

Votes: 108 21.4%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 46 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh is that shoulder to the head :) Can't post pics but there is a still of the arm initially raised then gets lowered in the collison
Make up your mind. I think deep deep down you know what I am saying ... but it's got to get into that head of yours first. Maybe I should wait a while until it seeps through?

Cotchin should go for at least a week
Ellis should go for at least a week.

Neither will get suspended because the AFL is corrupt and will do whatever it takes to keep it's stakeholders happy. It says that it takes high contact seriously, but it has it's fingers crossed behind it's back.

I'm more interested in the corrupt organisation part than I am in the who doesn't play in the GF part.

That's the picture there, Shiel clearly has the ball first and Cotchin already has the arm tucked in to bump.

How is Cotchin going for the ball? One are is already tucked in. Does he have a history of going in to contests one handed with his head looking down at the ground?

Ah the delusional Richmond supporters are making me laugh.

Sloane and Danger were running towards each other, Sloane jumps up to try to spoil a hand pass and at the very last moment puts his arm down and braces for contact as the two players collided.

It was just a collision of two players going the same direction going for the ball.

You can clearly see Cotchin make the decision to tuck his arm and lead with his shoulder at Shiel, he got him high and now he is in trouble.

He was not going for the ball, he is stuffed.
All Cotchin needed to do is to have one or both arms reaching for the ball at th moment of impact and he'd be fine.

Make up your mind. I think deep deep down you know what I am saying ... but it's got to get into that head of yours first. Maybe I should wait a while until it seeps through?

Cotchin should go for at least a week
Ellis should go for at least a week.

Neither will get suspended because the AFL is corrupt and will do whatever it takes to keep it's stakeholders happy. It says that it takes high contact seriously, but it has it's fingers crossed behind it's back.

I'm more interested in the corrupt organisation part than I am in the who doesn't play in the GF part.

The Ellis incident looked far worse but caused less damage and how many times do you see a player bump and just totally misjudge it

Ellis if anyone made a mistake but an expensive one to make

Cotchin caused more damage and had to be even more careful because Shiels was bent over picking up the footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a case of white line fever for mine.

Cotchin instinctively detected an opportunity to pick off a vulnerable opponent and got him good.

No two circumstances are alike.

Have alook at Astburys hip and shoulder on Shiels a few minutes later, can you 100% tell me that that possibly wasnt the cause? Doubt it

I saw one video of the 2nd bump. It wasn't high and wouldn't have helped. Watch Sheil's head in the slo mo videos from the Cotchin hit. It rattles his head pretty good.

The rules are still in place and he was 100% careless, 100% got him high and 100% at a minimum made a low impact (it was more). I can't see how you can't see that. He has to be suspended.

Z

I reckon our president made much more a fool of himself.

FFS, advocating an AFL club go to the Supreme Court. What a joke.

Good way to isolate your club from the AFL commission who will have their staff look into any breaches at the club and set you a great draw with crap venues and crap time slots so it can cost a few million in revenue and make it harder on the club

And lastly expect the tribunal to always play it by the book on the club for years to come

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All Cotchin needed to do is to have one or both arms reaching for the ball at th moment of impact and he'd be fine.

That's exactly it. If Cotchin says he was going for the ball they will ask him why he tucked his arm and his response will be trying to spill the ball. They will respond with thats fine but you got him in the head therefore will miss the Grand Final.

Exactly ... and how big-a-bulldust was that?

We need to change this culture of "You can't suspend him for the GF". If these guidelines applied throughout the year I'd be fine with it.

I'd prefer the video review was only used for major issues behind play. Anything else the umpires should be reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back