Transfer Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like us selling Maatsen. I get he may not have got on with Poch but he could thrive under a new manager and be as good as a new signing. Just weird that we're willing to give him to a rival that's proven to be better at identifying talent than we are...

Hasn’t it been on the cards for months?
He's owned by Troyes (one of the other CFG clubs).

Not 100% sure any deal has been finalised either although my son thinks it has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you'd need to determine how to value 'fair market' prices before you could do that.
Would be very hard to do.

In a free market fair value is the price that two independent people or company's are willing to agree on.

Which when two linked entities are trading circumvents that process.

Would be very hard to do.

In a free market fair value is the price that two independent people or company's are willing to agree on.

Which when two linked entities are trading circumvents that process.
That's what I mean though.

First you'd have to evaluate a fair market value that clubs independent of the selling club would pay. Only then could two linked entities be able to complete the transaction between each other.

If all of your deadwood is flogged off you will piss PSR in this season.
I'd think sale prices for quite a few wouldn't cover the amount of amortised value, so they'd be selling at a book loss.

Suspect we'll see a few of those that haven't shone loaned out until a bit closer towards the end of their contracts.

I'd think sale prices for quite a few wouldn't cover the amount of amortised value, so they'd be selling at a book loss.

Suspect we'll see a few of those that haven't shone loaned out until a bit closer towards the end of their contracts.
It's only really Kepa and Lukaku(who has a buyout for the left over amortised value) where we need to worry about book value. Majority of our sales will be academy kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back