Mega Thread Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the sounds of it he want a KP role - with fev at FF and brown still at CHF the transion for brown to go to FF and Mitch to go to CHF may not happen - and may have an impact on a decison later down the track. Hope not.

Still don't like the fact there was any substance to the rumours. I'm expecting some fairly strong interest now.

Re: Jared Brennan

If you see the article "Wallis, Liberatore are Dogs, Brennan an Eagle" don't panic! It's referring to Jacob Brennan who's being drafted under the father-son rule to the Eagles:)

I was going to pull that trick when I saw the headline (after a brief intake of breath), but thought we have to go through enough crap during Trade Week. :D

Richmond may get pick 23 and Mackie or Blake for Tambling you guys and trading sucks if happens I will laugh at our board to this time next year.Time to up the ante.

Looks like Grigg wants out of Carlton. I've only seen him play a couple of times but looks really athletic and has a good height and we may be able to get him pretty cheaply.

Interesting to note that Vossy seems to think he can hang on to one of Brennan/Sherman.

Media spin or legitimate? I guess he is trying to squeeze the best deal by reiterating their importance to our side.

Sounds like Mitch Clarke will do what every other ex-Brisbane player has done, play untill their contract is up and then leave.
I guess we are just a developing ground for all the other clubs.
Does any other Lions supporter feel its the same shit every year with our players?

Sounds like Mitch Clarke will do what every other ex-Brisbane player has done, play untill their contract is up and then leave.
I guess we are just a developing ground for all the other clubs.
Does any other Lions supporter feel its the same shit every year with our players?

Not really, we usually keep most of the players we develop. I think the Clark drama has more to do with the salary cap dramas at the club than him actually wanting to wear purple LOL.

Interesting to note that Vossy seems to think he can hang on to one of Brennan/Sherman.

Media spin or legitimate? I guess he is trying to squeeze the best deal by reiterating their importance to our side.

Him spinning IMO. Exactly the same as any other club saying a player is required up until five minutes before he's traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, sounds like Rob Kerr gave Vossy a primer on trade week media spin.

About time someone did. Should have been part of his induction in his first year. He's into his third trade period and finally he's getting some education. What a contrast with Hird. If anyone heard him today, Hirdy was measured, succinct and very much controlled and sounded like a statesman who has been doing this caper for years. None of the novice exuberance and naivety that Voss displayed in his first two years. One of the unfortunate facts is that Voss had Gumby as his mentor. Can he ever be de-Gumbyfied? Obviously Kerr has started the process.

The Bulldogs are apparently interested in "several" Lions, according to a quote by James Fantasia. Who are these so called Lions ??? Sherman, McGrath, Clark.

Just wonder how they are going to facilitate all of these deals ?

And what other surprises awaits us in Trade Week ?

It's rather ironic, that this time last year, we were on the hunt for experienced, mature, mid 20's players. Now we're trading the same group away. Our focus has turned back to youth again.

The ever so small gap in the flag window involving Black and Power got slammed shut this year, this is why we have the opposite focus this year. It was a gamble, we went for it, it don't come off. Time to set some foundations. With all the changes happening off field at the club, it's also the wrong time to be trying to push for that on field success like we did trade time last year.

The ever so small gap in the flag window involving Black and Power got slammed shut this year, this is why we have the opposite focus this year. It was a gamble, we went for it, it don't come off. Time to set some foundations. With all the changes happening off field at the club, it's also the wrong time to be trying to push for that on field success like we did trade time last year.

While there was a very small flag chance, I think it was more about keeping the team competitive so when Black and Power retire it doesn't turn into a situation where the 18-20 year olds are getting smashed every week for a few years. With a normal injury run this year I think we'll see how much last years trade recruits add to the team (speed up development of the 18-20 year olds) than keep the team from falling apart like this year.

If we can nail this draft through the trades then we will be set by 2012-13. Black and Power will be gone and Brown will be paid as a veteran and there won't be the salary cap problems so we can keep our midfield together.

I think GWS will target Clark as their no.1 ruck and it will be hard to keep him.:(

About time someone did. Should have been part of his induction in his first year. He's into his third trade period and finally he's getting some education. What a contrast with Hird. If anyone heard him today, Hirdy was measured, succinct and very much controlled and sounded like a statesman who has been doing this caper for years. None of the novice exuberance and naivety that Voss displayed in his first two years. One of the unfortunate facts is that Voss had Gumby as his mentor. Can he ever be de-Gumbyfied? Obviously Kerr has started the process.
Hird's been in the ear of (T) Watson & Bomber all year. I think that's coming through. He's also always been very good w/ measuring his comments & media work; not that I think that matters a bit.
Brisbane's lack of good people supporting Voss (and this Allan is not sounding like a positive) has been shown up.

I'll keep saying it, but a panel of good people with one novice at the head >> 1 gun coach surrounded by a panel of spuds every time.

The Bulldogs are apparently interested in "several" Lions, according to a quote by James Fantasia. Who are these so called Lions ??? Sherman, McGrath, Clark.

Just wonder how they are going to facilitate all of these deals ?

And what other surprises awaits us in Trade Week ?

It's rather ironic, that this time last year, we were on the hunt for experienced, mature, mid 20's players. Now we're trading the same group away. Our focus has turned back to youth again.

The Bulldogs may be interested in a lot of our players but the probability that they will pick-up any more than 2 (and 2 in itself is a lot in a single trade) is near 0.

Sydney offering pick #21 :eek:

Take the *$#%ing pick and say thank you :D

So, to sum up; Lions have been offered a better pick, Sherman has been offered a better pay packet, better training facilities and comparable living.......seems to be a no brainer ;)

So, to sum up; Lions have been offered a better pick, Sherman has been offered a better pay packet, better training facilities and comparable living.......seems to be a no brainer ;)

I'm sure we'd leap it at, we just need Sherman to leap at it. :thumbsu:

Sherman is dead keen on playing in Melbourne unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back