Mega Thread Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys anyone know if there is any truth to the rumour that Justin Sherman has decided to come to Sydney?

Hey guys anyone know if there is any truth to the rumour that Justin Sherman has decided to come to Sydney?

I would imagine there's as much truth to that as there is to him being linked to the Tigers and Bulldogs. It's all speculation at the moment - the joys of trade week!

I do not think Fev deserves to be traded on the year he's had. As far as i can tell Fev has done this all year -

1. Kick goals regularly until his groin injury curtailed his form and eventually his season

2. Allegedly flashed his tackle at a woman which is yet to be proven

Up until his injury we all knew his reputation when he landed at the Lions but no-one was calling him a cancer from our end because he was kicking goals.. Remember that final quarter against the Pies at the Gabba?

No-one knows here what happened to say he is guilty of indecent exposure or whatever, I just wish everyone would lay off until we know. What happens if he is innocent and lines up in Round 1 2011 at full-forward.. Crys of cancer still? He's no saint I know. But the team is behind him, maybe more of us should be.

Fevola winning the saints a flag what are you people smoking saints are finished just got lucky they made it aren't that good a side.

Fevola winning the saints a flag what are you people smoking saints are finished just got lucky they made it aren't that good a side.

hehe, nah. Two goals and a bit away from winning back-to-back flags.

And just on that topic, I love it when posters are using the whole 'look at St Kilda' argument when looking at why you shouldn't draft recycled players or bagging out anything St Kilda. Again, they were a couple of kicks away from 2 premierships. They have given themselves every chance imaginable to win a flag but have played against sensational teams in both instances.

Yeah but there flag hopes just flew out the window.

2011 top 8 not in that order.
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Melbourne
Collingwood
Geelong
Gold Coast
Carlton
Adelaide

10th Brisbane

On topic.

Does trade week begin tomorrow or next week.

They should have a trade week show on Foxtel at the end of each day.

Gold Coast will make it dont you worry if you look at the midfield they will be eagles 05 material.

I have both StKilda and Bulldogs out don't know where they fit in then Sydney's out to going to be a close season best in 150 years possibly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will see buddy.

Brennan is off to the Gold Coast we get pick there.

Justin Sherman if goes looking forward to that trade.

Any others that might be on the table or just rumours I know of are.
Sheldon
Rich
Clark
Proud

Josh Drummond has he signed the dotted line yet?

Should Clark go to Freo, though I hope he wont, what do you believe we will get for him?
Player or Draft Pick?
And which player/draft pick?

Just from a good mate that works at Hawthorn but might not be them.

Won't tell me much doesn't wont to ruin the surprise he sayed.

Just on the Ash McGrath rumours. Brisbane would be stupid to trade him out. Has become a very important member of our side.

We have next to no pace as it is. Why trade out one of the only players that has any? (especially with Sherman gone)

According to his manager on Trade Week radio, Mitch put his hand up for trade a month ago when the salary cap squeeze was on, but it certainly doesn't sound like he has put a gun to the club's head.

His manager doesn't think a deal will be done, and doesn't sound like it's a big deal.

No big preference for Freo over West Coast by the sounds of it.

His manager implied that if he can find a regular consistent position in the Lions lineup next year, he will be likely to stick around in Brisbane after that.

According to his manager on Trade Week radio, Mitch put his hand up for trade a month ago when the salary cap squeeze was on, but it certainly doesn't sound like he has put a gun to the club's head.

His manager doesn't think a deal will be done, and doesn't sound like it's a big deal.

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like he nevertheless wants out of the lions? If no suitable trade can be done - he'll play out his final year of the contract and look elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back