Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watching Allies VS WA… there’s every chance that Leo Lombard could quite well end up as the consensus #1 pick in this draft.

This kid is an absolute beast. Lightning quick, built like an NFL running back, finds the footy with ease and hits the scoreboard. Another 30 touches and 2 goals today after the same against SA last week.

Will make it very interesting to see how Gold Coast manages this. In my opinion Lombard is the most AFL ready prospect we’ve seen and that’s including Harley Reid.

He will likely come in next year and play right away and have an immediate impact.

So what does Hardwick and Suns do with Rowell, Lombard, Miller, Anderson? Does this make it MORE likely that they would have a tilt at going all in next year and selling the farm to get Dusty Martin for two years to win a flag?
Yes, he’s a jet, small but dynamic. Stood out like dogs balls in that game . Pity he’s not in the mix for us

we need to re-sign Baker. Heart and soul type of player. There is about a 5% chance the player that we'd pick in the draft would impact as much as Baker does.

Broad is the one to trade out west. UFA next year so get something while we can.
We also have numerous players to take over from him.

Stengle and ainsworth both FA I’d put 5y contracts to both with a bit of coin , see if we can jag one . Our small forwards are t much chop , I expect Seth to be more midfieid,
Then we lose any compensation we get for Graham and other UFAs.

Not the right year to go for FAs.

Last edited:
Urquhart was WA's best on the day, his size and competitiveness was influential at stoppage and he was typically damaging with his penetrating right boot. He played 100% midfield in this game which is different to his typical role at Colts level where he rests in the forward line, and he did fade in the second half which coincided with the Allies getting on top of the territory battle.

we need to re-sign Baker. Heart and soul type of player. There is about a 5% chance the player that we'd pick in the draft would impact as much as Baker does.

Broad is the one to trade out west. UFA next year so get something while we can.
We also have numerous players to take over from him.
The WA teams have no need for Broad. Freos defence is sorted and he's too old for Eagles.

Urquhart was WA's best on the day, his size and competitiveness was influential at stoppage and he was typically damaging with his penetrating right boot. He played 100% midfield in this game which is different to his typical role at Colts level where he rests in the forward line, and he did fade in the second half which coincided with the Allies getting on top of the territory battle.

whos the dude with the massive mullet? what a specimen

Rhylee West worth some thought, 23 years old, tough as nails, being played out of position but still probbaly be our best small forward. Could add some much need pace to the midfield.

Rhylee West worth some thought, 23 years old, tough as nails, being played out of position but still probbaly be our best small forward. Could add some much need pace to the midfield.
He stood out watching a bulldogs game the other week.

Not for being good, but for how poor his disposal was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rhylee west is not a quick player imo, and when our midfield unit is healthy does he really fit in?

Hopper, Taranto, Bolton, Ross, Baker(?), Prestia plus the likely pick 2 in the national draft

Rhylee west is not a quick player imo, and when our midfield unit is healthy does he really fit in?

Hopper, Taranto, Bolton, Ross, Baker(?), Prestia plus the likely pick 2 in the national draft
I thought he was pretty fast over the first 20.

Another huge game from the Lone Ranger Jagga Smith as he racked up 40 disposals to make it 90 in the last two games. We might be entering record setting territory here. At the very least Jagga is in the hottest of hot form entering his first 2024 Champs game for Vic Metro this coming weekend. He couldn't have done any more to inspire his Chargers team and drive them forward, but they still came up short and lost yet another game in a disappointing Talent League campaign.

Another huge game from the Lone Ranger Jagga Smith as he racked up 40 disposals to make it 90 in the last two games. We might be entering record setting territory here. At the very least Jagga is in the hottest of hot form entering his first 2024 Champs game for Vic Metro this coming weekend. He couldn't have done any more to inspire his Chargers team and drive them forward, but they still came up short and lost yet another game in a disappointing Talent League campaign.

Thanks. Where do you rate Jagga currently? Top 3?

Thanks. Where do you rate Jagga currently? Top 3?
I have to keep Smillie at 1, he's done nothing to deserve losing that spot.

Lombard's first two champs games, plus his excellent form in general at every level this season including his big opening game in the VFL for the suns... I have to have Leo challenging Finn O'Sullivan at the 2 and 3 spots.

Jag, Trainor and Draper are the next three... order will be determined by Champs performances.

With Jagga, I've noticed a few times where his disposals end up being bad but it's hard to tell on clips if it's the teammates around him or poor execution/decision making. Given you likely watch the games in full would you be able to explain which it is?

With Jagga, I've noticed a few times where his disposals end up being bad but it's hard to tell on clips if it's the teammates around him or poor execution/decision making. Given you likely watch the games in full would you be able to explain which it is?
I think its at least partly due to pressure. I don't think his kicking technique is amazing, not awful but not one of those sublimely coordinated kicking actions like Finn O'Sullivan. So when he's under pressure or he has to rush it, he loses accuracy. Also, he's tiny so can't absorb physical contact while still maintaining control of his ball drop etc.

Those are my best guesses.

I have to keep Smillie at 1, he's done nothing to deserve losing that spot.

Lombard's first two champs games, plus his excellent form in general at every level this season including his big opening game in the VFL for the suns... I have to have Leo challenging Finn O'Sullivan at the 2 and 3 spots.

Jag, Trainor and Draper are the next three... order will be determined by Champs performances.
Fair enough, thanks. What does he want for? Everything I read says he's ultra consistent, has the ball on a string, great vision, good skills, tough, agile, quick, can rotate forward, great work rate, inside and outside. What doesn't he do? :think:

Richmond local, has trained with us over preseason. How could we pass this kid up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back