Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did that Luke Trainor kid go?

North surely would be after height in defence?!! And doesn’t he have family connections there?

How did that Luke Trainor kid go?

North surely would be after height in defence?!! And doesn’t he have family connections there?
I think Comben has probably lessened their desperation to find another key defender. They'll get Logue back too.

In saying that, the intercepting third tall type would fit nicely into their side, but they'll probably just take best available and grab Smilie or O'Sullivan.

I think Comben has probably lessened their desperation to find another key defender. They'll get Logue back too.

In saying that, the intercepting third tall type would fit nicely into their side, but they'll probably just take best available and grab Smilie or O'Sullivan.
Logue is sh!t and Comben is probably 5 games away from another major injury
neither are premiership quality defenders

He might not be available to draft for another year, but Sharp has no problems matching it with the older kids on the biggest junior stage of all. Sharp split his time between half back and on ball. When played through the middle he was relentless at stoppage winning clearances driving the ball forward. He laid a number of strong tackles, some of which forced turnovers. His football IQ and work rate allows him to move to where he needs to be a step ahead of the play and his opponent.

Nice playa...diamond in the rough here...needs some development...ordinary kick...good tackler...really effective around the ball...smart...always invested...

Nice playa...diamond in the rough here...needs some development...ordinary kick...good tackler...really effective around the ball...smart...always invested...
Diamond in the rough? Blokes touted to go #1 😂😂

Anyone watching Allies VS WA… there’s every chance that Leo Lombard could quite well end up as the consensus #1 pick in this draft.

This kid is an absolute beast. Lightning quick, built like an NFL running back, finds the footy with ease and hits the scoreboard. Another 30 touches and 2 goals today after the same against SA last week.

Will make it very interesting to see how Gold Coast manages this. In my opinion Lombard is the most AFL ready prospect we’ve seen and that’s including Harley Reid.

He will likely come in next year and play right away and have an immediate impact.

So what does Hardwick and Suns do with Rowell, Lombard, Miller, Anderson? Does this make it MORE likely that they would have a tilt at going all in next year and selling the farm to get Dusty Martin for two years to win a flag?

Anyone watching Allies VS WA… there’s every chance that Leo Lombard could quite well end up as the consensus #1 pick in this draft.

This kid is an absolute beast. Lightning quick, built like an NFL running back, finds the footy with ease and hits the scoreboard. Another 30 touches and 2 goals today after the same against SA last week.

Will make it very interesting to see how Gold Coast manages this. In my opinion Lombard is the most AFL ready prospect we’ve seen and that’s including Harley Reid.

He will likely come in next year and play right away and have an immediate impact.

So what does Hardwick and Suns do with Rowell, Lombard, Miller, Anderson? Does this make it MORE likely that they would have a tilt at going all in next year and selling the farm to get Dusty Martin for two years to win a flag?
I have always said that

Lombard would be top #5 if he was not an Academy allocated player

I have always said that

Lombard would be top #5 if he was not an Academy allocated player
the higher lombard goes the better for us
Lombard going top 10 means the Suns will want to move at least one of those picks on for either futures or experienced players. Probably means they come even harder for Rioli.

Lombard going top 10 means the Suns will want to move at least one of those picks on for either futures or experienced players. Probably means they come even harder for Rioli.
Done deal as long as they take Short too 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was more so thinking about their willingness to trade for points and something next year, but yeah that'd be equally true

We have to start talking about Lombard as a legit top 5 pick if not a pick 1 contender. No player has been better performed this season than Leo, no player is more dangerous and damaging with ball in hand. He setup as more of an outside receiver in this game on the attacking side of the contest and consistently found space for linking chains, either setting up his teammates or finishing himself.

Stengle and ainsworth both FA I’d put 5y contracts to both with a bit of coin , see if we can jag one . Our small forwards are t much chop , I expect Seth to be more midfieid,
I'd definitely take Stengle, but I dunno if Ainsworth offers much.

If Richmond demand their 2 1st rounders with junk going back the only pick they move is #20 Otherwise no Rioli for GC and thats the end of that. Richmond will demand and be firm about what it will take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back