List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading alot of post here people nominating a few players for us to recruit not in our window or just not good enough. Need to hit the draft next 2 years. Not against going after other players from other clubs , but rather target youth not getting games. We got enough experience to lead the kids.

I’m keen to go nuts and get 6 picks in this draft. How the club manufactures this is dependant on 1) The AFL changing the rules of not and 2) Player trades and FA

We are a club with an ok core and some ok kids. Gibcus may be the only elite kid but we may never find that out.

So go all in. Invest in the kids and keep our core to make sure there is some protection.

This is the draft to go balls and all in. It’s now or never.

Also there is a kid from Sydney we are dead keen on.

Jacob Konstanty.
I heard the same a little while ago. He's the type bottom teams normally get on the cheap with the PSD threat sitting there in the background.

A Grigg/Houli type pickup.

We should drag him thru psd is he uncontracted
Be careful what you wish for.
Start doing that then clubs will turn on you.
Norf could've taken CCJ for nothing if I recall correctly.

Yes and no , hawks make up looks similar to coll , even spread. Coll team right now looks bloody ordinary yet they’re playing good footy and are entrenched top4 side
Agreed, but I think nick Daicos papers over some cracks. He would make any team competitive such is his impact.

Umpires use virtual reality hjeadsets to train over Summer.
Wonder what they have in the earpiece?

"ignore,play on"

"ignore,ignore,free kick Collingwood!"

At what point do we get shown the irrefutable triangulation evidence that Lynch’s goal was actually not a goal?

I’m still seething over that debacle … remains the only decision in ARC history that was overturned without irrefutable evidence … just on Sunday they refused to overturn a goal when the ball was clearly touched … that’s how 100% sure they have to be in order to change an umpires decision … except for a goal in a cut throat final decided by under a goal … except that one, single time that it has ever happened in a gazillion ARC decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At what point do we get shown the irrefutable triangulation evidence that Lynch’s goal was actually not a goal?

I’m still seething over that debacle … remains the only decision in ARC history that was overturned without irrefutable evidence … just on Sunday they refused to overturn a goal when the ball was clearly touched … that’s how 100% sure they have to be in order to change an umpires decision … except for a goal in a cut throat final decided by under a goal … except that one, single time that it has ever happened in a gazillion ARC decisions.

What about when boltons goal was overturned when it was a complete blur v gws 2017 , we lost by a couple of points ,,,,,carntssss

“Fremantle have got three first round picks in this year’s draft. What they could do, and you’ve got to keep an eye on this at trade time, if they trade one, two or potentially even three of their current picks into next year’s draft, that gives them the war chest of picks.
This could be a way for us to get another one or two 1st round picks. Would require us to trade our future 1st but could be a risk worth taking in a great draft.

This could be a way for us to get another one or two 1st round picks. Would require us to trade our future 1st but could be a risk worth taking in a great draft.
Our future first is highly likely to be top 5. I'd rather have one top 5 pick than three in the mid-teens.

If his all that why on earth would GC get rid of him or him himself go to a team on the way down and play second fiddle again to NANK?
Because GC are minnows and Richmond aren't.

No young footy player could look at last Saturday's events at the MCG, where 92k+ attended to celebrate a single Richmond footballer, and not see that as an extremely enticing destination, no matter what their current ladder position is.

And there wouldn't be an agent in the country talking his player out of moving to a big club while they're taking their turn in the bottom few on the ladder if the money was right.

Everyone knows the wheel turns success-wise. The chances of Moyle or any other young player becoming a premiership player at the Suns is still very minor ... they're still a mile off.

What doesn't turn, however, is minnowness.

If we really wanted Moyle, and had the salary and draft capital to land him, I doubt there'd be too many barriers.

If I wasn’t listening in delay today I would have put a request through to Sam Edmund. Couldn’t have caught him in time. He was spending time at the ARC today; being shown around and playing fARC guy.

Would have liked him to find out if that explanation promised to Dimma is available yet?

If I remember correctly that triangulation decision took 7 seconds to decide. I’ve seen some shockers over the years but nothing comes close to that one.

Don’t know what it is about my two sporting teams but the two biggest review disasters/rorts/incompetences were to Richmond and Liverpool. The VAR decision this season against Tottenham was as bad as it could possibly ever ever get.

Because GC are minnows and Richmond aren't.

No young footy player could look at last Saturday's events at the MCG, where 92k+ attended to celebrate a single Richmond footballer, and not see that as an extremely enticing destination, no matter what their current ladder position is.

And there wouldn't be an agent in the country talking his player out of moving to a big club while they're taking their turn in the bottom few on the ladder if the money was right.

Everyone knows the wheel turns success-wise. The chances of Moyle or any other young player becoming a premiership player at the Suns is still very minor ... they're still a mile off.

What doesn't turn, however, is minnowness.

If we really wanted Moyle, and had the salary and draft capital to land him, I doubt there'd be too many barriers.
TRUE>Lets not forget those 37 years where no one wanted to come to us so we are not that big in the football eyes. Brown was the only one from memory and that was on big coin. Lynch the next but that was after we won the flag.

Also there is a kid from Sydney we are dead keen on.

Jacob Konstanty.
I haven’t seen this kid play but statistically he has been solid but isn’t setting the world on fire at VFL level. He’s a small forward that has kicked 13 goals from 9 games so far this year and doesn’t get a heap of footy. I would argue if Seth or mansell were playing VFL their output would be much better. I think if we are going for a small forward we need one that can kick 35-40 goals. We already have that in Bolton. I would prefer to get young mids in and Bolton spend 80% if his time inside 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back