List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Garlett on the rookie list wouldn’t be the worst option.

Josh Walker could be useful as KPD depth.

Callum ah Chee would be a token pick. He’s averaging 4.5 clearances per game.

We need to move either Howe, Murphy or Schaz to the forward line. We have too many of these half-back flankers.

I also think we need to go all out on Jeremy Cameron or Ben Brown. I’m sick of having these “mediocre” forwards. However, I understand that we probably won’t be able to fit De Goey, Moore, Grundy, Stephenson and another potential superstar in our salary cap. Only way that would work is if the rest of the team is B-grade or below.

Would we be happy if:
Grundy - 1. 2 mil
De GOEY - 1. 2mil
Moore - 800
Stephenson - 600
Cameron/Brown - 1. 2 mil

Essentially half our salary cap to 5 superstars.

Would we be okay with this scenario?
It’s similar to the Richmond model.

Lynch, Martin, Prestia, Rance and Cotchin probably take up a large chunk of their salary cap.

You clearly haven’t watched Atu play if you think I he can’t stick a tackle...
I was referring to Broomhead, who was referenced later in the discussion that I was responding too (note my comment about shoulder susceptibility).
I'm sure Atu can tackle given his Union background. Not nearly at the level to be playing seniors yet though.

Last edited:
Jeff Garlett on the rookie list wouldn’t be the worst option.

Josh Walker could be useful as KPD depth.

Callum ah Chee would be a token pick. He’s averaging 4.5 clearances per game.

We need to move either Howe, Murphy or Schaz to the forward line. We have too many of these half-back flankers.

I also think we need to go all out on Jeremy Cameron or Ben Brown. I’m sick of having these “mediocre” forwards. However, I understand that we probably won’t be able to fit De Goey, Moore, Grundy, Stephenson and another potential superstar in our salary cap. Only way that would work is if the rest of the team is B-grade or below.

Would we be happy if:
Grundy - 1. 2 mil
De GOEY - 1. 2mil
Moore - 800
Stephenson - 600
Cameron/Brown - 1. 2 mil

Essentially half our salary cap to 5 superstars.

Would we be okay with this scenario?
It’s similar to the Richmond model.

Lynch, Martin, Prestia, Rance and Cotchin probably take up a large chunk of their salary cap.
What's with the Ah Chee mention, he's going to Brisbane and this has been known for ages.

What's with the Ah Chee mention, he's going to Brisbane and this has been known for ages.

Callum Ah Chee

“He’s been tempted by the Brisbane Lions I understand it,” Edmund told SEN Breakfast.

“There’s a link there with Dom Ambrogio who is the list manager, he was the recruiter who actually drafted him to the Suns in the first place.”

Don’t think he’s requested a trade to Brisbane. Just a trade in general.

I'm happy to see talk about a small crumbing forward.

As bad as we need a KPF, we have another major hole for a crumber. We have used JT, Varcoe and Cal Brown in this role, but all were very average this year and barely hit the score-board. Cal Brown and JT are more midfielders who are playing pressure forward roles, and Varcoe is slowing up.

I would love to be in the race for Papley, but if the reported figures of 700K are true then that's ridiculous for a crumber. You can get them pretty cheap in the draft.

I'm happy to see talk about a small crumbing forward.

As bad as we need a KPF, we have another major hole for a crumber. We have used JT, Varcoe and Cal Brown in this role, but all were very average this year and barely hit the score-board. Cal Brown and JT are more midfielders who are playing pressure forward roles, and Varcoe is slowing up.
Could Daicos play this role?

While I think we should pick up a crumbing forward, I think we can still utilise the players we have. I have been saying it for years, we don’t get to the right spots when the ball comes in. We have the tallest player in the league and hardly anyone gets front and center of him. A few little tweaks, and guys like Thomas and Stevo can improve us in that area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I think we should pick up a crumbing forward, I think we can still utilise the players we have. I have been saying it for years, we don’t get to the right spots when the ball comes in. We have the tallest player in the league and hardly anyone gets front and center of him. A few little tweaks, and guys like Thomas and Stevo can improve us in that area.
The last good crumbing forward we had was Andrew Krakouer. He was terrific for the time that he was with us. We could certainly use some more indigenous talent on our list. We must have close to the league's lowest representation on that front.

The last good crumbing forward we had was Andrew Krakouer. He was terrific for the time that he was with us. We could certainly use some more indigenous talent on our list. We must have close to the league's lowest representation on that front.

Wellingham is the only indigenous Collingwood player to have won a premiership.
Pretty disgusting in my opinion.

Wellingham is the only indigenous Collingwood player to have won a premiership.
Pretty disgusting in my opinion.

Its not our fault Davis was shit in Grand Finals.

Mite have been give a medal but never played in one, so no he is not
Yet is officially recognised as one. Either way the point of Wellingham being the only aboriginal premiership player at the Pies. Well we have aboriginals play in all our GF sides this century we just lost them. Of course when 11 of our 15 flags happen before 1936 there isn’t a great number of aboriginal premiership players

Yet is officially recognised as one. Either way the point of Wellingham being the only aboriginal premiership player at the Pies. Well we have aboriginals play in all our GF sides this century we just lost them. Of course when 11 of our 15 flags happen before 1936 there isn’t a great number of aboriginal premiership players
While l agree we have not had enough aboriginals playing for us which is another story altogether, fact remains it was only MM that got him the medal, not playing on the day

While l agree we have not had enough aboriginals playing for us which is another story altogether, fact remains it was only MM that got him the medal, not playing on the day
AFL rules do state though if you play in the draw then your team wins you’re a premiership player. May not be the way anyone wants to get a medal but **** I would still take that over Buckley’s Norm Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back