List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note just a question for the smart accountants on here

Rance,Riewoldt,Cotchin,Martin,Grimes,Astbury,Edwards are all 9/10 year players
What is now the benefit of the veterans payment/allowance

From what i remember its roughly $120k a year per player so if this is correct then we have nearly $900k extra which comes into effect this in 2019/2020

From what i remember its roughly $120k a year per player so if this is correct then we have nearly $900k extra which comes into effect this in 2019/2020

Good pick up and works in the favour of the likes of Grigg and Houli to

Not sure but l think the veterans discount has been scrapped .

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is no veterans payments outside the cap anymore

Quality source from Sorrento is that Toms preference is us and will be nominating us.

I personally dont think we can get it done money wise. Id hate to loose Short and Houli in particular.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I will only believe a video of Mrs Lynch directly stating..
"Tom has chosen Richmond and we look forward to him coming home".

This is pure madness. In recent times whenever Houli was out or tagged we struggled for run out of the backline, Short is the reason that hasn't been the case this yr.
Just think the midfield needs attention.Shorts role can be covered.

Not too long ago that Houli was arguably our most important player. I believe the whole Yarran deal was about getting a second running option from halfback.
Vlastuin and Broad give a bit of run, but Short is currently our number one Houli replacement. Still has to be some doubt over Naish, Markov or Menadue (or Drummond unfortunately) reaching the standard Houli has set.
So I would do what I could to keep Short.

On Nexus 5X using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not too long ago that Houli was arguably our most important player. I believe the whole Yarran deal was about getting a second running option from halfback.
Vlastuin and Broad give a bit of run, but Short is currently our number one Houli replacement. Still has to be some doubt over Naish, Markov or Menadue (or Drummond unfortunately) reaching the standard Houli has set.
So I would do what I could to keep Short.

On Nexus 5X using BigFooty.com mobile app
Houli and short both playing gives is so much drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vets allowance was disbanded with cola

On Future Stars Boomer Harvey said he thinks he is worth 500 a year and 15 clubs would be prepared to pay him that. I don’t think he is quite worth that but agree that he will be able to get a lot more elsewhere as could a lot of our players. Going to be an interesting off season for us which is a good thing. The fact that our depth is in demand and players will have to take less to stay shows how far we have come as a club.
This is the point, he is not worth that just yet. Maybe his next contract but not this 1.

Houli will not leave.
Richmond really do have a big asset in Bachar Houli , Now im just plucking this from my rear but i could honestly see the following Scenario happening

Bachar Houli would sign a 2 year deal for $100k a year to help the tigers get things done
Bachar will be a part of the club for many years to come so there will be ' Other avenues for future earnings'

Richmond really do have a big asset in Bachar Houli , Now im just plucking this from my rear but i could honestly see the following Scenario happening

Bachar Houli would sign a 2 year deal for $100k a year to help the tigers get things done
Bachar will be a part of the club for many years to come so there will be ' Other avenues for future earnings'

You beat me to it

Like it...like it alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back