Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney would be the likely trader in that scenario with Pick 17/18* (21*) and 19 (22*) and wanting Frost but not sure he has the value for them to move up 11 spots in the draft. Maybe the Saints 24 if that’s where Frost goes. Frost and 30 for Saints 24

I think pick 13 and future first for TB and F2 which is pretty much what most are going with is fair. With how compromised the draft is suppose to be the and the Hawks with two second picks and one being a likely an early second round pick they will be able to easily get back into the first round of the draft of 2025 if they wish. Will be plenty if teams trading back for points next year.

Let’s say the Hawks just miss finals next year and Eagles finish 2nd bottom. With Picks 20 and 29 they would have enough points to move up to pick 10 again with one of the teams who has academy kids expected to go around then.
Hard pass on moving on Frost to move up a few spots in the second round, i know as a player he gets memed a lot but he had a legitimately really good year.

Sydney would be the likely trader in that scenario with Pick 17/18* (21*) and 19 (22*) and wanting Frost but not sure he has the value for them to move up 11 spots in the draft. Maybe the Saints 24 if that’s where Frost goes. Frost and 30 for Saints 24

I think pick 13 and future first for TB and F2 which is pretty much what most are going with is fair. With how compromised the draft is suppose to be the and the Hawks with two second picks and one being a likely an early second round pick they will be able to easily get back into the first round of the draft of 2025 if they wish. Will be plenty if teams trading back for points next year.

Let’s say the Hawks just miss finals next year and Eagles finish 2nd bottom. With Picks 20 and 29 they would have enough points to move up to pick 10 again with one of the teams who has academy kids expected to go around then.
Hard pass on moving on Frost to move up a few spots in the second round, i know as a player he gets memed a lot but he had a legitimately really good year.
What is Frost's value?

What is Frost's value?
What ever someone is prepared to pay…..

No idea, do the Hawks need list spots? Clearly don’t need salary cap space. Not over the Hawks list as their supporters would be.

Keep hearing the draft is so even and teams boards will be very different so is moving up/back a few spots that much value.

I think the question becomes where does he fit in?

Barrass, Battle, Sicily, CJ, Hardwick, Serong, Impey, Weddle, Scrimshaw are guys i can think of off the top of my head that are in line for selection as best 22 (23) defenders (i'm sure you blokes could name more!)

That's 9 blokes plus Frost makes 10 and then that's not even mentioning Blanck who has been out for ages which makes it 11.

11 blokes trying to fit into 6 spots plus 1 bench player so 7 spots.
I can see Frosty might be the unlucky one and get squeezed out, he'd be spending a lot of time playing for Box Hill.

Team like North needs Key Defenders, he would be much more likely to get a gig there.

Barrass, Battle, Sicily, CJ, Hardwick, Serong, Impey, Weddle, Scrimshaw are guys i can think of off the top of my head that are in line for selection as best 22 (23) defenders (i'm sure you blokes could name more!)

That's 9 blokes plus Frost makes 10 and then that's not even mentioning Blanck who has been out for ages which makes it 11.

I can see Frosty might be the unlucky one and get squeezed out, he'd be spending a lot of time playing for Box Hill.

Team like North needs Key Defenders, he would be much more likely to get a gig there.
Frost can play smaller so he has that as a chance to make a spot for himself. But the point is more just squads win premierships and if he ends up being depth next year he would be one of the best depth key position players in the league. We can’t move him on for next to nothing.

"Overpaying". Ryan Burton, 15 and 35 for a contracted 2x All Australian (+ a future third).

And with that trade immediately weakening Port's best 22, the future third would've been expected to be only a few pick downgrade on 35.
We got 71 games out of wingard in exchange for 15 and 107 games you've got for burton.

As much as I appreciate what wingard provided, I thought it was a bad trade at the time and still do think so.

Sicily and hardwick can both play forward
CJ plays wing more now
Weddle can play anywhere

This year we have needed to play sic, hardwick and weds in defense, next year they will allow us more flexibility.

It was a bad trade because Hawthorn made a mess of making use of Chad Wingard.

Chad arrived at the Hawks in the wrong years, he is not the kind of player you build a premiership around.

You have your premiership team and Wingard is the cherry on top of the cream.

Poor Chads body sadly just let him down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they need the F2 but will you settle for F3
For me that’s overs. It’s a mid first round pick and a slide that’s no more than 10 picks. So it has to be a slide of adjacent rounds. I would consider r1 and f1 for Barrass, r4 (eagles) and f3 eagles. The r4 eagles is in the 50s and in this draft there will be a decent player available is the logic. That said I would be holding firm on r1 and swap of f1 for f2 as the max we should be giving but I would be going in with just our r1 pick and saying we have extended frost and signed Battle take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Interesting thread. FWIW, not much I know, but i think the Hawks first and future 2nd for WC's future 3rd sounds right.
Yep that’s about what it will be.
Will be hard to please both sets of supporters though.

A lot of Hawk supporters “We don’t need a 29yo with back issues who has never been an AA player”

A lot of WCE supporters “Give us two first rounders for this fantastic player who makes Chris Langford look like a hack”

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back