The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We put up more of a fight against West Coast than the Saints have today! Thats a positive!

PS: Whats up with Billy Longer I wonder?

Yeah what did happen to Longer? He was no Mumford but he seemed serviceable. He really hasn't developed like I thought he would.

The effort showed up today, sadly we left the skills at home - as usual.

Still, after last week, I think we all just wanted to see effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keays gets plenty of it inside 50 just needs to improve his conversion

Matho did what we thought and put his head over it and won a few frees

West and martin did ok against gawn winning hit outs 42-41

McStay exactly what we need in back line.. seems more focused down back

Bundys played alot of games of half back this year. Played most of gold coasts game off half back.
He started each centre bounce at half back but sprinted in to the centre contested as a loose man out the back and then spent the majority of the game behind the ball as a roaming midfielder. This is the first week he has spent playing as a genuine defender.

He started each centre bounce at half back but sprinted in to the centre contested as a loose man out the back and then spent the majority of the game behind the ball as a roaming midfielder. This is the first week he has spent playing as a genuine defender.
Dont know if he played as a genuine defender. Definatly stayed behind alot more though.

Lester might not be a flashy player but he has provided a role up forward and done it well.

Matho will be a player, as will Keays and McStay continues to improve.

Mayes seems to have responded in recent weeks.

Senior players still getting a lot of the ball, only had 7 less inside 50's and 4 less clearances - so the problem is the turnovers and breakdowns going forward as well as the massive paddock we leave in our backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back