Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

What compensation will we receive from the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So, if it didn't hit the post what did the goal umpire see. *ing shambles. The video umpire should stop play the game reset from the goal. It's not *ing rocket science. Fogarty missed keys scores s**t happens pay what is there.
Some say he based it on a player slapping the padding which made a noise, which is ridiculous, because as if you could hear anything going on at Adelaide Oval with the crowd noise.

From where the umpire was standing, it was nowhere near the padding.

Whose to say Sydney dont kick a goal in the last 40 seconds to regain the lead had it been called a goal? I'd be making a hell of a lot of noise about this but no point trying to challenge the result.
Who's to say we don't score a follow up based on the run on we had.

Procedures were not followed. When you don't follow your own procdures and policy there have to be consequences. Otherwise there is zero accountability.

Whose to say Sydney dont kick a goal in the last 40 seconds to regain the lead had it been called a goal? I'd be making a hell of a lot of noise about this but no point trying to challenge the result.
Oh well what’s done is done hey.. maybe Swans get 2 goals or even 3 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see how things would play out if it were after the siren.

In no way is it fair to award us the game with time left on the clock. Sydney didn't do anything wrong and 40+ seconds is a long, long time in a game under a kick

Sucks, but it is what it is.

AFL need to come out and be serious about it though. If they weasel out of calling it a goal, they're cowards, and the game is cooked

It was a goal.

Let’s guess the inevitably limp afl statement that will never admit guilt:
“The goal umpire was best positioned to make the call and they said it hit the post— regardless every goal is reviewed by ARC in real time and there was not sufficient evidence to overturn the umpires call. We back our umpire on the night” All BS.

I’m also cynical that the swans purposely played on quickly knowing it won’t give the umpires a chance to review. But I don’t blame them. This is on the AFL for consistently being so shit and spineless.

Procedures were not followed.
What procedures weren't followed?

The error was blatant. But ultimately no different to any other umpire error that has affected the game.

In fact an incorrect free kick in front of goal (Certain 6 points) would have a bigger material effect than this one (Crows 5 points worse off.)

Who's to say we don't score a follow up based on the run on we had.

Procedures were not followed. When you don't follow your own procdures and policy there have to be consequences. Otherwise there is zero accountability.
A competent goal umpire would have call it a behind as they saw the padding moved but since they weren't in a good position to double check the side angle.....

He’s such an experienced goal umpire that guy, seen him officiate for at least a decade. I don’t know how he’s been ‘fooled’ by Mills hitting the post with his hand. Just a second job to top up their super for them so he probably wouldn’t care too much should he get a suspension, he should get the sack just due to the total incompetence but Fair Work would probably step in.

They have no integrity to protect
White Goodman Reaction GIF

Back