List Mgmt. The Nominated Rookie post Round 12 (Bye)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think there's little doubt it will be Schneider.,

He's had a fantastic year. Gives us leadership and creates. Other than that one mistake he's truly been fantastic all year.

I like Sinclair but he'll still be around next year and will continue to develop.

Schneider to retire at the end of the year = why bother

Sinclair is guaranteed to be on the main list next year = why bother

Payne is not ready yet = why bother

Saad need to know whether we will keep him or not = fair chance

Holmes would be such a great story for us (will this week be the week the big Yank makes history - emergency, emergency sub) = ELEVATE ELEVATE

It will aid Sinclair's development if he is re-instated to the Senior List for the rest of the season, but I will not be disappointed if Snotty gets it. I just hope Holmesy gets a run before seasons end too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit flat that it's not Sinclair but I'm sure he'll be better for it in the long run. Probably wouldn't have been a great look if we're going by performance to upgrade Sinclair over Schneider. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him anyway.

Your post referred to two posts that I made (Schneider sinking cans and younger players not playing) with a sarcastic undertone therefore baiting me and now degenerating the conversation. I'm happy to argue different opinions but in a mature way.

I wasn't trying to bait was just having a bit of fun at the general vibe of the sentiment of the thread. I didn't actually realise I was grabbing bits of your posts. Anyway. Schneider has been excellent this year and is still putting out more than Sinclair and is probably on par with Billings on stats. if Billings is available he should be playing but taking Schnieder out for sinclair who is scoring freely but is really more a small forward who is limited in his output up field. I love the kid and think he has a huge future but right now Schnieder is ahead of him. Watters got the sack for not playing the senior guys who deserved games, I think we learnt a lesson from that. I spoke to a few players preseason and asked who would be the first rookie upgraded and overwhelmingly they said Schnieder, I thought it was because he was a mate but they all said he was flying. I was surprised as I thought Saad would get the nod. I am really enjoying going to games knowing we are a chance to win in a good amount of them. Last year was awful going along to watch inevitable floggings, having Armo, Steven, Geary, Fisher and Schnieder back allows us to be a lot more competitive and we are still playing plenty of youth as we have no choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool, I agree with most you've said. But I'm happy to sacrifice some wins for juniors being developed at the top level.

This also sacrifices standards as well.

Why should a player who is performing at a lower level than another get a spot in the team just because they are younger? If Sinc was performing at a higher level than Schneider he would have got the spot.

This also sacrifices standards as well.

Why should a player who is performing at a lower level than another get a spot in the team just because they are younger? If Sinc was performing at a higher level than Schneider he would have got the spot.

I understand but it's a balancing act. Keep some seniors in the team, play your most promising (I would put Sinc in that category) in the 1's.

What good do we get out of playing an old team? It's crucial getting games into the kids but we seem content in playing a side that's 2/3 25+. Maybe our recruiters don't rate Parish.

Developing a culture is important as well as developing a list. We've come a long way since Watters when the culture seemed piss poor. If Schneider is a better option at getting messages across to the younger players selected and helping the team play the way Richo wants then so be it. Richo has already commended Schneider this year for being like another coach on the field.

In Richo we trust :)

What good do we get out of playing an old team? It's crucial getting games into the kids but we seem content in playing a side that's 2/3 25+. Maybe our recruiters don't rate Parish.
You want new members; win. You want new sponsors; win. You want a better TV fixture; win. You want to attract free agents; win.

It's not all about draft.

You want new members; win when on FTA. You want new sponsors; win when on FTA. You want a better TV fixture; win when on FTA.

It's not all about draft.
Just to clarify, EFA.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The Nominated Rookie post Round 12 (Bye)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back