MRP / Trib. The MRP/Tribunal Thread - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing.

Not convinced at all by this rubbish about this galvanzing Reid against Victoria. Any unnecessary interruption to him playing is not a good thing.

If anything, him hypothetically getting an idea that the league is biased against WC would only encourage him to leave. Not that I think he will take this as some sign of bias, but suggestions of this reads like copium

The bullshit is the horrendous inconsistency of this tribunal and reporting system.

They pick and choose who they suspend, and for how long they suspend.

For goodness sake, Maynard actually ended a guy’s career. He did it, he didn’t potentially do it, he did it and was not suspended at all.

How do they come up with results like this?

I watched the GC v Essendon game and there was more than one incident where a player’s head was slung into the ground and nothing was said or done.

Reportable actions where a player’s head hits the ground occur in most games and nothing is said or done. Victorian commentators look after Victorian teams.

That’s the bullshit.
That is a really good point.

How can you punish a player for the potential to cause injury but not impose at least as severe a punishment for... actually injuring?

No consistency at all with this lot - I would love to vote with my feet and say stuff you AFL and tribunal I won’t be watching this sh#t anymore or contributing to your coffers but as with the rest of you I bleed blue and gold.

I feel for Harley as it’s a steep learning curve- I will be there cheering him on when he is back on the field - he is still the best first year player……who needs another dust collecting trophy anyway!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disappointing.

Not convinced at all by this rubbish about this galvanzing Reid against Victoria. Any unnecessary interruption to him playing is not a good thing.

If anything, him hypothetically getting an idea that the league is biased against WC would only encourage him to leave. Not that I think he will take this as some sign of bias, but suggestions of this reads like copium
So you say we are copium only to provide an opposite copium suggestion. All we know Is he will be fuming that he isn't playing

Harley's family is in Perth atm . Spend some time relaxing and showing them how great perth is .

Surely one of the board members has a holiday pad down in Eagle Bay or on the hill in Yallingup. Put Harley and his family up there for a few nights during their stay in WA.

Harley can pick out which place up the road he wants when he signs his contract extension with us.

Was never going down any other way. Our approach to the tribunal is all wrong. It's all about the back corridor conversations and greasing of the wheels that takes place beforehand. We turn up thinking the result is somehow based on what happened on the field, instead of what has been orchestrated and planned to happen behind closed doors.

The VaFL is turning our boy into a one club man. So it's some short term pain but the long term gain is any caul of naivety about the integrity of the AFL is stripped away from Harley's eyes and he becomes closer to the club who has the track record for sticking it up the crooked establishment.

Motorcycle engines kick into life, while electric guitar plays

No consistency at all with this lot - I would love to vote with my feet and say stuff you AFL and tribunal I won’t be watching this sh#t anymore or contributing to your coffers but as with the rest of you I bleed blue and gold.

I feel for Harley as it’s a steep learning curve- I will be there cheering him on when he is back on the field - he is still the best first year player……who needs another dust collecting trophy anyway!

The AFL know this and hence do as they please and not a soul says a word

Disappointing.

Hey! FU buddy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid getting 2 weeks is no issue if there is atleast some semblance of consistency.

I have no doubt the AFL let P. Cripps off in 2022 because they knew he was going to win the Brownlow.
He wouldn't have won if he didn't poll votes in one of those 2 games

Reid getting 2 weeks is no issue if there is atleast some semblance of consistency.

I have no doubt the AFL let P. Cripps off in 2022 because they knew he was going to win the Brownlow.
They did show consistency. Cripps and Maynard both caused severe head trauma to the players they concussed. Hence free to play

The good news now is that we, as a community of AFL fans, know that a tackle like this will always be a minimum of two weeks, presumably with scope to increase if the player does get injured.

Two weeks minimum, expect that going forward, happy days, glad we got that one solved.

Totally. They're remarkably consistent, the AFL. Don't drive people's heads into the floor in sling tackles or you get two+ weeks. Message has been sent loud and clear.

As an aside, this new angle of Harley's tackle I found pretty informative.

The standard is that pinning the arms and driving the head is a one week, which can even come down to zero in a really bizarre good bloke clause that is never to be repeated. Arms free, no injury, no missed time, no delayed symptoms is simply not two.

"Remember this one tackle that was noticeable for being out of sync with every other decision the tribunal has made in the past 18 months"

Just read that Darren glass is on the tribunal panel.
Is that true? I wonder how he saw all this bullshit.

The AFL know this and hence do as they please and not a soul says a word

Yep - exactly- I don’t know who these people are but I can just see their smug little poonce faces after patting themselves on the back declaring Harley to be the equivalent of high risk axe murderer……..
Sorry my inner rage has escaped a bit…..must control myself

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. The MRP/Tribunal Thread - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back