Game Day The Kangaroos vs The Mighty Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams and McMillan were amongst their best in the game earlier in the year, and Wood as a half forward took 8 marks, so we're a bit fortunate to have all of them out - as well as Waite missing again.

55 hit outs last time to Sandilands - although I seem to remember there were a couple of dodgy ruck free kicks in front of goal last time against Sandilands and that Cunnington dominated the clearances.

Got to be hungry for a win after 5 losses in a row. I'm picking a comfortable 4-5 goal win to us - but I have no idea how we're going to get our goals.

I have no idea how we're going to get our goals.

Fyfe,Sonny,Ballas,Cox,Barra,Hill x2,Lachie x2,Tucker...Hamling...it'll be a spread!:cool:
We're going in small up front rather than play out of form/limited talent talls.
Tabs will get another go before season's out I reckon.
If Tabs was a stronger ruck,tackler and had a consistently higher output he'd be easier to pick.
I'm guessing that's what he'll have been told.Clear message,clear goals,hope he can do it.Physically he's got the tools.
Kersten will get another go as well probably.
Our substandard forward entries haven't been helping anyone,although at times neither of them have helped themselves.
According to what Ross said the other day we haven't been executing what we've been training??
Not that big an issue long term as they either improve and perform or are replaced.

Fyfe,Sonny,Ballas,Cox,Barra,Hill x2,Lachie x2,Tucker...Hamling...it'll be a spread!:cool:
We're going in small up front rather than play out of form/limited talent talls.
Tabs will get another go before season's out I reckon.
If Tabs was a stronger ruck,tackler and had a consistently higher output he'd be easier to pick.
I'm guessing that's what he'll have been told.Clear message,clear goals,hope he can do it.Physically he's got the tools.
Kersten will get another go as well probably.
Our substandard forward entries haven't been helping anyone,although at times neither of them have helped themselves.
According to what Ross said the other day we haven't been executing what we've been training??
Not that big an issue long term as they either improve and perform or are replaced.
Basically, if Tabs was any good, he would get a game :rolleyes:

Why do people still not understand that Sunday games the 22 is not finalised until 3pm WST Friday and it will always be a squad of 25 until then.
Maybe we should have it as a sticky on this board seeing as we are now a predominantly Sunday based team

I think we go Saturdays after the Derby until finish
vs. North Melbourne (A) - Sunday
vs. West Coast (H) - Sunday
vs. Hawthorn (H) - Saturday night
vs. Greater Western Sydney (A) - Saturday
vs. Gold Coast (H) - Saturday night
vs. Sydney (A) - Saturday
vs. Richmond (H) - Sunday
vs. Essendon (A) - Sunday*

*most possible due to both teams not being in finals contention.

For the year, we got 7 Sunday home games and 4 Saturday night home games.
Away was 5 Sunday games, 4 Saturday games, and 2 Saturday night games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tuohy and Carisle's game on our forwards is anything to go by, I'm going to say Tarrant will kick 10 this weekend.

Yeah its tough one....I think ultimately we should*, but a top 3/5 draft pick is a massive currency to have , particularly as we dont have a 2nd rounder.We'll still probably get 1 anyway.
I think more pertinent tho is who we actually finish below, rather than the number itself. ..for the the first time in a long time most bottom sides need mids, inc norf you would think, Collingwood(maybe carlton as well) on the other hand will def pick a kpf, so if we want brander definitely need to finish below them

*it could all depend on norfs mindset as well...interesting to see if they actually 'want' to win too

Yeah its tough one....I think ultimately we should*, but a top 3/5 draft pick is a massive currency to have , particularly as we dont have a 2nd rounder.We'll still probably get 1 anyway.
I think more pertinent tho is who we actually finish below, rather than the number itself. ..for the the first time in a long time most bottom sides need mids, inc norf you would think, Collingwood(maybe carlton as well) on the other hand will def pick a kpf, so if we want brander definitely need to finish below them

*it could all depend on norfs mindset as well...interesting to see if they actually 'want' to win too
I think Ross will want to win. He is not the sort to aim for picks I wouldn't have thought. Big on culture so needs to maintain integrity.

That said you are right about who finishes below us. You would think we will want to take a KPF this year so we really need the Pies above us at least. North might take a KPF although they have pushed Waite to the wing lately so maybe not. Carlton will want mids. Already have Curnow and McKay with Ben Silvagni in next year's draft. That doesn't even include Casboult. Saints and Lions will not take KPFs either.

I think Ross will want to win. He is not the sort to aim for picks I wouldn't have thought. Big on culture so needs to maintain integrity.

That said you are right about who finishes below us. You would think we will want to take a KPF this year so we really need the Pies above us at least. North might take a KPF although they have pushed Waite to the wing lately so maybe not. Carlton will want mids. Already have Curnow and McKay with Ben Silvagni in next year's draft. That doesn't even include Casboult. Saints and Lions will not take KPFs either.

Agree with this re: Ross wanting to win.

I don't think that's in question one bit, us as fans though have a very different mindset at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back