news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And Chandler claims he's been offered a title shot. Surely not?!

He doesn't deserve it in a fighting sense, he is 2-3 in the UFC with 0 wins of note but he has sat out for 2 years almost waiting so its probably just a way from the UFC to smooth it over and move on from it.

UFC don't have any control over McGregor like the rest of the roster, he does what he wants, that being said good chance he doesn't fight again so UFC are probably just going to give Chandler the title chance to move on from it.. must say for uninspiring rein from Islam.. Volk x2 (Once on 2 weeks), Dustin who is 0-4 in title fights and now Chandler or isn't elite level.

It also sets up Islam v McGregor after Islam v Chandler if that's the route they want to take, Islam has said he wants the fight a couple times.

I thought he was pretty good TBH. Im pretty sure he just huffed a line before each take and played himself but he had some presence and fit the tone of the movie.

It was just a big dumb fun stupid action film, he fit it perfectly IMO

Agreed he probably lined up a slug for each scene, the rest I disagree with. I’m sure he’ll get more roles though

UFC don't have any control over McGregor like the rest of the roster, he does what he wants, that being said good chance he doesn't fight again so UFC are probably just going to give Chandler the title chance to move on from it.. must say for uninspiring rein from Islam.. Volk x2 (Once on 2 weeks), Dustin who is 0-4 in title fights and now Chandler or isn't elite level.
I doubt they do give it to Chandler. Would be a mockery when Tsukaryan is around...

I doubt they do give it to Chandler. Would be a mockery when Tsukaryan is around...
Tsarukyan is out until January due to suspension. Islam has been very vocal about staying active and fighting new opponents. Chandler is completely undeserving, but he would be a nice tune up and an new name on the resume.

Tsarukyan is out until January due to suspension. Islam has been very vocal about staying active and fighting new opponents. Chandler is completely undeserving, but he would be a nice tune up and an new name on the resume.
I read the suspension ends when he films some anti bullying video or something. I really cant see them giving it to Chandler. There are far better options

I disagree with Pant and Omal.
Also, this happened not too long ago..

Yet my boy Leon got 13 straight wins

At a lower weight class after he beat him, then went up and won another title.

Leons beaten washed Usman and Colby and has no wins at another weight class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a lower weight class after he beat him, then went up and won another title.

Leons beaten washed Usman and Colby and has no wins at another weight class.
Washed Usman 😂 Everyone's washed now. Usman still a beast. You should check his record again. He would've taken Khamzat out given a little more time.

Washed Usman 😂 Everyone's washed now. Usman still a beast. You should check his record again. He would've taken Khamzat out given a little more time.
Well, if it wasn't for a hail Mary kick he loses the first Usman fight and then he beats a low confidence Usman and then Colby who barely fights. He's good. He's champ for a reason but he ain't PFP top 5 in the sport.

Well, if it wasn't for a hail Mary kick he loses the first Usman fight and then he beats a low confidence Usman and then Colby who barely fights. He's good. He's champ for a reason but he ain't PFP top 5 in the sport.
Put him in there with the Kazak fella and it's over for him. Getting a nice fight against possibly the only guy less popular than he is on home soil...

Put him in there with the Kazak fella and it's over for him. Getting a nice fight against possibly the only guy less popular than he is on home soil...
Yeah exactly. He beats Shavkat and JDM and I'll rate him. Taking Usman and Colby to back to back points decisions without ever looking like finishing them doesn't make you PFP. O'Malley slept Aljo then destroyed chito. Even Pantoja wins are much better. Jones and Leon are the 2 weakest current champs.

Yeah exactly. He beats Shavkat and JDM and I'll rate him. Taking Usman and Colby to back to back points decisions without ever looking like finishing them doesn't make you PFP. O'Malley slept Aljo then destroyed chito. Even Pantoja wins are much better. Jones and Leon are the 2 weakest current champs.
Jones is the GOAT but yeah he should be stripped by now

Leon beats JDM atm imo

P4P is a pretty stupid metric also. 'Take his size away and he isn't as good as a lightweight'. It's pointless because size/power is what makes the big boys good. Completely different to the lower classes. It's a pointless argument really

Leon isn't top 20 because he's boring, inactive, boring, and really boring

I just read a stat that with Arlovski leaving the UFC after Saturday, Stipe no longer has a win over anyone on the current UFC roster.
His last win was 4 years ago too!

His best wins (DC x2, Ngannou, Reem, JDS) shits on most resumes tbf. It's just an age thing that none are still on a roster, his first UFC fight was way back in 2011 I think

Jones, Islam and Leon ****ing Edwards are above Pereria in the UFC pound for pound. Leon Edwards lol.
I read the first part of your comment and was about to rage then realised you were having a crack at the p4p rankings. Couple of others above Edwards too I'd say.

Lol, that is a joke.

Jones can't be either, he's a HW now who has fought once at that weight.

Usman hasn't won since he lost the belt.

Confused Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Usman hasn't won since he lost the belt.

Confused Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons
Yeah, so 3 losses since the belt...twice to Leon and once to Khamzat.
As mentioned earlier he was winning in the first fight against Leon until the rd 5 kick, and he was coming home strong against Khamzat (Khamzat humped all rd one, Usman nails him in a 5 rounder or in a rematch, imo). I wouldn't call that washed.

He's certainly well past his prime, but to call Usman washed on his recent performances is crazy.

The P4P rankings have been updated btw (I think minutes after the debate in here started).

1. Islam
2. Pereira
3. Jones
4. Edwards
5. Topuria

Edwards should be above Jones for mine, fine otherwise. As others have said though, complete nonsense of a rating system.

He's certainly well past his prime, but to call Usman washed on his recent performances is crazy.

The P4P rankings have been updated btw (I think minutes after the debate in here started).

1. Islam
2. Pereira
3. Jones
4. Edwards
5. Topuria

Edwards should be above Jones for mine, fine otherwise. As others have said though, complete nonsense of a rating system.

It's pretty hard to rate Jones at this point, he's had one fight in 5 years, I'd probably not even have him on the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back