Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope Baby & Mum are ok.
Probably shouldn't have played. No way his head could have been in the right space and certainly gives an explanation to his game.
There is so much unknown after the birth of a prem baby it couldn't have been good as they usually have to run so many tests to determine if everything is ok with the little one while he is out on the field.
Mentally torturous.

Hope Baby & Mum are ok.
Probably shouldn't have played. No way his head could have been in the right space and certainly gives an explanation to his game.
There is so much unknown after the birth of a prem baby it couldn't have been good as they usually have to run so many tests to determine if everything is ok with the little one while he is out on the field.
Mentally torturous.

Someone was on the money about this a few days before the game.

He already missed the birth so he thought he'd may as well stay to play. That's my observation as a non parent. But I probably would have still gone home.

Yeah having had a prem baby myself the birthing as scary as it can be of it is often the least scary bit. So much can and does go wrong soon after. The hours/days after birth can be pretty harrowing while tests are done and no one knows what caused it and the health of the baby is uncertain.

Perhaps someone a bit older and wiser than him could have advised him as he was lost either way as there is no way he could have contributed to the team in a proper manner and his partner i'm sure would have loved to have him there.

Again as mentioned above everyone deals with things differently perhaps he was given that advice and still felt the thing to do was play if it helped him/them in some way all good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely would have contributed to his recent form. I'm guessing whilst baby was prem they may have known / expected there were some challenges.

Hope he takes some time off and baby and mum are ok. Until you're a father you really can't comprehend the emotions he'd be going through.

Last edited:
Hindsight is great but he really shouldn't have played, and if JK was there he wouldn't have most likely. Who would be in a good football frame of mind in his situation?, and then having travel plans tossed back and forwards to add to the confusion. Great time to have a bye though for Jack..

Yeah, not surprised by poor showing. Would have been a huge distraction consciously and subconsciously. Hope everything is more settled now and definitely and fortunate time for the bye.

Arrangements were made for him to fly back home when he learned she was in labour, but she gave birth quickly and he stayed. Bubs looks good. Cute as!
Caught between a rock and a hard place. Already there. .and as woman who has given birth in emergency circumstances I would have loved to have the support for the birth, but I also would have told him to stay and play afterwards if bub came out and all looked good. And i would have done so trying to minimize his guilt and worry, as any loving partner would. Dude had a shocker of a weekend all round, and little wonder.

Congrats on the birth of little Max.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/it...e/news-story/35bcaf69aa95932b7e3bf2cd2859fb6a

Understandable, guys head would not at all been in the game.

Congratz Jack on the bub, hope everyone stays happy and healthy, footy is a poor second to this kind of stuff.

Hopefully once the worries gone he can focus on his footy, has all the tools, really want to see the bloke succeed.

Yep, last weeks effort is now quite understandable. I agree with a previous poster that his footy seems to have regressed since his home life became so settled. I hope that's not the reality and now that the little one has arrived, and is apparently healthy, that he can now focus a bit more on his footy and start producing the consistent performances that we know that he is capable of.

Reading his instagram post is sounds like they may very well been aware of potential complications/premature delivery - honestly can't blame him if his mind hasn't been in the right place. Glad everything looks to have turned for the good, would be great to see Jack come out firing in the second half of the year now. :thumbsu:

Definitely would have contributed to his recent form. I'm guessing whilst baby was prem they may have known / expected there were some challenges.

Hope he takes some time off and baby and mum are ok. Until you're a father you really can't comprehend the emotions he'd be going through.
Not a good idea ........ question going through the MC's minds would have been "willie come back back carrying an extra 10-15kgs?"

What shits me most with Darling is the club.

If he was at the Hawks the last 5 years would he be such a squib?
**** no. They would beat that shit out of him with his own contract.

Man up Jack. This club wont turn you into an AA footballer. You have the talent but it's up to you to make the most of it and retire a champion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back