The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

On what basis do you assess that Sydney were the best team in 2016, other than that they were minor premiers? Or is that it? What about their observed
mental fragility in finals?
"Other than being minor premiers, having a much higher percentage and doing it with a harder draw, why would you think they were the better team?"

Please note I edited my post immediately but you were too quick 🙂

On what basis do you assess that Sydney were the best team in 2016, other than that they were minor premiers? Or is that it? What about their observed
mental fragility in finals?
How is all of this a factor in the obvious favoritism that the Bulldogs have with umpires?

Can we launch a royal commission into our fixture too?

Any other clubs played at 7 different venues in the first 11 weeks?
Hawks have played
MCG (x3)
SCG
UTAS (x3)
Norwood
Optus
Marvel (x2)

So only 6 for us, but 6 interstate games already and we are off to Adelaide again next week. By the time we play our 16th game, we would have played 9 of them interstate and been to every state (not territory) by then.

We don't play at the same ground 2 games in a row until rounds 23/24.

I don't think you have much to cry about.

Hawks have played
MCG (x3)
SCG
UTAS (x3)
Norwood
Optus
Marvel (x2)

So only 6 for us, but 6 interstate games already and we are off to Adelaide again next week. By the time we play our 16th game, we would have played 9 of them interstate and been to every state (not territory) by then.

Six home games. Must be nice.

Hawks have played
MCG (x3)
SCG
UTAS (x3)
Norwood
Optus
Marvel (x2)

You can't claim your advantaged home game (where you have chosen to play) as an interstate venue.

That last quarter was unbelievable. I messaged a Bulldog supporting mate after the game and he couldn't believe the calls they were getting as well. Madness. Worst I can remember. First time I have ever thought that there could be genuine corruption with the umpires rather then them being subconsciously influenced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't claim your advantaged home game (where you have chosen to play) as an interstate venue.
Your fellow supporter complained about playing at Ballarat so why I can't I point out our games in Launceston?

Free kick ladder after Rnd 11

Looks like Brissy are getting the rub of the green now

Shrugging Sean Flanagan GIF by Foil Arms and Hog

No surprise to see the Bulldogs are well out in front on the free kick differential ladder after Round 12, some things never change.

FyCqGo0aMAAM8OE
Lies. This is the real tally for 2023.

Looks like the Saints are being looked after more than the Bulldogs, much like the 1966 Grand Final where the umps rode them home.

8hyfuuy5304b1.jpg

Another classic plugger L
To be fair to Plugger the Port Adelaide media team also forgot to check the year that this table refers to (2022) on their club website match preview, they might have even ripped it off this very thread :$

Screenshot_20230608_175344_Chrome.jpg

Free kick numbers and differentials don't really mean too much or tell the story.
It is all about where and when the free kicks are paid and if the game is officiated evenly.

If one team get's 3 free's in a quarter in their forward 50 that end up in goals and the other team get's 5 on the wing, I know which I would prefer.

If team A is a little in front then team B gets a bit of a run on and takes the lead with not to many free's given either way then suddenly the whistle comes out for some very soft free's for team A you have to ask the question. Particularly when the free's are for stuff that was let go for a couple of quarters.

Anyone who thinks umpires can't influence games either by soft goals or stopping a teams momentum is kidding themselves. Not saying they do it deliberately but the decisions they make can very much decide the outcome of a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back