Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

The look Gulden gives Sam Taylor after he gives away a fifty after claiming Gulden was juggling the ball instead of marking it and knocking it from his hands. 😂 IMG_20240620_001513.jpg

I have a beef with the AFL (VFL) fan survey. They list a bunch of players 21 and under and ask the question. Who do you think will be the best of these players in five years time?

None of them will be better than currently 21yr old Errol Gulden, who was left off the bloody list.

Seriously AFL. If you want to be a national competition take a peek out of your southern bubble.
I don't think Gulden counts as he's gonna be 22 in a month's time. Think it only accounted for players turning 21 or under this year.

We are a far better side now without Buddy (2012-13). We are completely unpredictable as to who will be the forward target and the mids now have the license to kick goals themselves rather than kicking it to Bud. The version of Buddy 2014 - 2020 is a totally different argument.
We didn't have Buddy in 2012-13?

The show was billed as a “halfway mark” look at the AA squad, so I doubt it was a month ago.

But even a month ago, he had been averaging 26 touches and named in the Bests 7 out of 10 times in the best team in the league. IMO, even a month ago he was a clear “lock” to be on the wing of the AA squad.
They specifically mentioned the round it followed, I think it was after we beat the Blues? Which was a month ago.

I think the notion he was a watch just meant that if he continued that form he'd been in but even Errol himself acknowledged he had a slow start.

There’s literally no substance to this. All just guesswork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What sort of substance would you like? Journos aren't going to reveal their sources on something like this.

Love The Chad. He's a special player. But, if that's the sort of money we're talking about, then it's bye bye. If you're trying to keep a squad together that can compete for the next 5 - 6 years and beyond then you don't blow that much of your cap on one player.

Love The Chad. He's a special player. But, if that's the sort of money we're talking about, then it's bye bye. If you're trying to keep a squad together that can compete for the next 5 - 6 years and beyond then you don't blow that much of your cap on one player.
Yep I feel the same. If he does go, we take the two/three first rounders we get for him to pick up the best kid in the draft and use our superb development skills to make HIM the best player in the league!

Last edited:
If this was us offering a player that much, we'd get a trade ban for life.

I'd hope noone is surprised by the number, the salary cap is going from 13.5m to 17.7m next year.

There are currently 19 players on >$1m/year (at 13.5m salary cap).

If chad was playing for another team and you told me for 1.5m/year we could have him I'd be tempted.

Frankly I dont think it will come down to money anyway, Chad will be well paid whether he goes or stays.
If he goes to WA (which lets be honest where there is smoke often there is fire), it wont be because we dont put a very good offer infront of him.

edit:

Anyway we have him for at least the next 18 mths, lets enjoy that, hope it brings a premiership or 2.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo to be dumb and blow their cap on 1 player.
Chad might take it you know. He'll have no need for premierships because he'd have already won two by then. So he might as well go for the cash.

Rampe will probably retire by 2026 so hopefully we can use that extra money to tempt chad to stay for a few more years in a winning team.

Not sure. We've got a few home games between then. I think they're going for $5.00 a can and all sales go to the Swans Foundation.
To answer my own question. Now being sold online and shipped nation wide

Time to load up for the Finals!!

Of course it's lager lol.

The mail I have says that figure isn't far from the truth.

Cap is increasing next year and there will be another change at the end of 27.

Don't think that money is actually too far off, particularly if contract is back ended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back