Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott only 26? Feels like he's been around for ages.

I actually think sterling will be at Man city next season, and he'll be a perfect fit there, exactly what they need, plus a few midfield additions.

Now Sterling saying he wants to hear songs sung about him by the Kop and caught smoking flavoured tobacco. I guess he'd fit right in at Arsenal with the smoking culture although John W Henry did question what they were smoking at the emirates back in July/August 2013 for some reason :) :) :)
Idiotic on all fronts.

Mirror going with Chelsea chasing AM's Miranda.
We don't need another CB in my opinion. Terry, Cahill, Zouma and Ivanovic will get us through next season. Once JT moves on we will find a replacement.

As much as he's been criticized and constantly battled fitness issues over the years, Walcott is a very good finisher and a consistent goalscorer when he's actually on the park. At his best he's good for 15-20 goals a season which is a record most wide forwards/wingers would be very happy with. Unfortunately his body just doesn't seem capable of holding together long enough for him to regain that form.

If he can sort his body, he'd be a good fit for a lot of clubs - not sure why some Arsenal supporters are so keen to see the back of him?

It really is disrespectful to suggest we'd have a mere warchest at our disposal.

WARCHEST

WAAAAAAARRRRRRRCCCCCCCHHHHHHEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT

As much as he's been criticized and constantly battled fitness issues over the years, Walcott is a very good finisher and a consistent goalscorer when he's actually on the park. At his best he's good for 15-20 goals a season which is a record most wide forwards/wingers would be very happy with. Unfortunately his body just doesn't seem capable of holding together long enough for him to regain that form.

If he can sort his body, he'd be a good fit for a lot of clubs - not sure why some Arsenal supporters are so keen to see the back of him?
He will be useless when his pace is gone. With all his injuries he could lose his pace within a couple of seasons like that twat Owen.

He is also one of the worst defensive players I have seen. He has no idea what to do.

We don't need another CB in my opinion. Terry, Cahill, Zouma and Ivanovic will get us through next season. Once JT moves on we will find a replacement.
Hmm I disagree. I think we should go for another top quality young CB. Varane/Laporte. Either of those two partnered with Zouma sets us up for 8-10 years ideally.

It's not that Arsenal fans actively want him gone. The vast majority of us just don't think he's worth fighting over if he wants to leave.

Go watch any Arsenal game when he has to play against opponents that don't play a high line.If he cant run past them then he is a passenger for the rest of the game.His ability to beat a player 1v1 in anything other than a footrace is.....lets be diplomatic and say "average". He also has no defensive side to his game, anyone playing FB on his side is virtually 2v1 for the entire game.

People say Sterling isn't worth over 100k a week.Well now look at a faster but less skilful, injury-riddled player that's already on 100k a week and wanting more. Oxlaide-Chamberlin is a much better all round player (and 5 years younger).

Now think about this - Walcott is 26.....Alexis Sanchez is a year older. That's the kind of competition he's is/should be up against.

Which player would you rather have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd need to start Varane or Laporte from day one to tempt them, then comes the question of whether Zouma will be happy to be a sub for another season.

You'd need to start Varane or Laporte from day one to tempt them, then comes the question of whether Zouma will be happy to be a sub for another season.

It'll be a balancing act, but Zoumas showed himself to be a pretty versatile footballer so far. I think Cahill may be the one to feel the pinch and Terry at his age you just never know how close the end is.

Hmm I disagree. I think we should go for another top quality young CB. Varane/Laporte. Either of those two partnered with Zouma sets us up for 8-10 years ideally.
If we picked up Varane, who would be our starting two CBs and who would be on the bench?

No brainer, Terry and Varane. Zouma to take over once the arthritis sets in for JT.
And Cahill? He has been favored by JM in recent weeks and is starting to look settled again.

It'll be a balancing act, but Zoumas showed himself to be a pretty versatile footballer so far. I think Cahill may be the one to feel the pinch and Terry at his age you just never know how close the end is.
Would love to see the back of Cahill if it meant Varane was coming in. I just can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back