Summer Transfer Window Rumours & Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the rules are on tapping up. I thought you could talk to agents, just not directly to the player.

Of course clubs can talk to agents and make offers. Naive for anyone to think they don't as well.

How else do clubs know to make an offer to other clubs?

Sun on Sunday saying that Ashley will bankroll a 10m bid for Austin. That sounds high.

Edit: Thought he was in his 30s. Maybe not that high then.

Will take a lot more than 10m I would think.

Of course clubs can talk to agents and make offers. Naive for anyone to think they don't as well.

How else do clubs know to make an offer to other clubs?

Technically you ask their club for permission to talk. Usually after making an offer.

In the real world though ...

Was Lallana tapped up?
Not that I know of? I wasnt even aware we were that into him until the summer. Then we bought him.

We've said we are not going to sell Sterling in the summer and that's that. So why is Sterling waiting to see what offers are out there. If any offers come in, then it's tapping up surely.

I mean obviously the offers will be .... oh if Liverpool agree a fee we will pay you this much. But we have already publicly said that he wont be sold and that's that.

What I hate about it is how tapping up is now just the norm. He has said or his agent has said or just rumours or whatever are saying he is waiting for offers in the summer. Erm, you're not getting offers, because to get an offer, Liverpool have to first agree to your sale and therefore you can speak to said club.

But we have already said we wont be selling you. Ah well... tapping up is obviously the norm now and nobody even hides it anymore. For the record I think we will sell him to Man City in the summer for 50-60 million.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me to see Walcott and Sterling both heading City's way. Sterling to start with Walcott a good bench option and on a lot more money than we're offering him. City need pace and those two have it. Walcott will be cheap as chips anyway.

Austin to Newcastle would cost around 15 million pounds you would think.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Pardew put an offer in either. A Murray/Austin strike force with Bolasie/Zaha running amok on the flanks would be a sight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England tax means no English player is ever cheap as chips, you're looking at 25mill minimum for each of them no matter where they go

You're having a laugh if you think Walcott coming out of contract in 12 months will go for anything more than 15 million pounds.

England tax means no English player is ever cheap as chips, you're looking at 25mill minimum for each of them no matter where they go

With Walcott's injury record, inconsistent form and last 12 months of a contract - I think he is in the £12m - £15m category.

Now Sterling saying he wants to hear songs sung about him by the Kop and caught smoking flavoured tobacco. I guess he'd fit right in at Arsenal with the smoking culture although John W Henry did question what they were smoking at the emirates back in July/August 2013 for some reason :) :) :)

Now Sterling saying he wants to hear songs sung about him by the Kop and caught smoking flavoured tobacco. I guess he'd fit right in at Arsenal with the smoking culture although John W Henry did question what they were smoking at the emirates back in July/August 2013 for some reason :) :) :)

Your tears, albeit premature, are delicious :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back