News Stuey Dew not returning to Port in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

If its end April, then he has been paid for 6 months, and will get another 6 months pay, but it wont blow up the soft cap spend because its all been budget for during the year ended 31st October 2025.

Could pay him 3 months straight away and the balance after 1st of November, so that they can increase Carr's pay from the equivalent of $200k per annum to $500k+ per annum and not overspend and get hit with soft cap tax.

How about we give Carr the promotion on a interim basis at the same pay scale and if he performs then give him a contract for 2026 and beyond

That way we are no worse off than if we kept the bludger

There was mention of an assistant coach coming over, was that related to the Dew news or are we still expecting someone to come over.
Well we don't have a midfield development coach right now, so we should be hiring.

People have been saying this for the last 4 years. We haven't made a GF in any one of those four years. He hasn't been sacked.

If we're top 4 or so going into August, they'll re-sign him again. Finals performances won't be a factor. He'll either already be re-signed or already be gone come September.
Sitting anywhere in that top 6 let alone top 4 and I'll be expecting an announcement of a re-signing.

How about we give Carr the promotion on a interim basis at the same pay scale and if he performs then give him a contract for 2026 and beyond

That way we are no worse off than if we kept the bludger
I doubt the coaches association would allow this.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey Josh, we want you to take on this promotion and more responsibility.

And no extra cash... because we're giving it to the special needs hillbilly in the next office.

FTFY

In all seriousness im afraid the club would actually take this approach

When Goldsack got promoted i was shocked

Shows the club are dumb enough to do anything
I have no doubt he'll be promoted. Dud pick up. Worst player to have ever captained Port Adelaide. Development coach for our AFLW side (does he actually hold any certs in coaching?). Ended up being runner for the A's. Such a poor appointment at any level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Stuey Dew not returning to Port in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back