Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking of concerts, Jazny may appreciate this one.
Thursday evening I attended a concert at Montsalvat in Eltham (Victoria) featuring Piers Lane, accomplished Aussie classical pianist. He played 11 of Chopin's Nocturnes. I went with my boyfriend, his mum and her sisters (it was his mum's 70th birthday and she LOVES Chopin!). Whilst I prefer contemporary/modern classical stuff (Ludovico Einaudi for example) I still appreciated the music. Lane was a spectacular performer, it was like he embodied Chopin and all his emotions. :)
Now you're edging on my neck of the woods

Can't say I agree, that's more a perception of just not liking what you haven't heard before.
I mean, I remember giving 5 votes to a 24 minute atmospheric track the other month. It was just good, not because it's 120% esoteric.

I don't think I've ever nommed a song I didn't like. Even if it was researched the night of the new theme being given. I still listen to the songs and enjoy it before nomming.
Nah, not really.

I still nom songs I enjoy, but I feel like there's almost pressure to nom something people haven't heard.

They're not compared to that underground Box Hill band The Living End.
Seriously though, I think if you nominate a well known song/artist, unless it's really good, it has the potential to be skipped quite regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evermore are shit.

And I'd gladly fight any of their fans, or band members, because this is a fight I feel I would win (and I don't win fights).

Bet you wouldn't say that to my face. I've had three coffees today, I'm ready to go.

Short memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back