List Mgmt. Should we pick up Andrew Moore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Gorringe from the Suns... out of contract.. looks like he will be delisted.. doesn't want to go to Port.. Adelaide have big Sauce Jacobs... should we look at him?
Maybe as a rookie he could be worth looking at as he does fill a need in added ruck depth.
I'm happy to put faith in our recruiters to judge the talent available in the draft, however if the draft really is as shallow as they say, I don't think its a terrible idea to try and turn around the careers of some ex-Top 10 draft picks in areas we need.

Yarran - Pick 6 in 2008 - Adds elite speed and line breaking ability we need, needs to find consistency and improve his attitude from 2015
Moore - Pick 9 in 2009 - Big bodied inside midfielder with good disposal, behind players like Wines and Boak at Port, shown glimpses but not much more
Gorringe - Pick 10 in 2010 - 23 year old ruckman (200cm/96kg) so still growing into his body, fairly mobile, but not much intensity at the ruck contest

At worst it adds mature bodies as depth in areas of need, at best we can get out of them why they were drafted so high to begin with. All of them are at the age that they are just at or about to reach their prime.

Guess it depends if Hartley & Jackson rated any of these guys before they were drafted and if they think they are better than what is available in the draft this year with late picks. I'm all for using a late or rookie pick on a developing ruckman, perhaps Gach Nyong at 52, but an 18 year old isn't going to be able to do much at AFL level if we get injuries to Maric & Hampson.

Should I fist myself.. Similar question
original

Not at all. I don't think he's up to it. Nice kid but a VFL footballer IMO

Take into account:

- Arguably our best VFL player
- One of the best VFL defenders in the league
- Isn't in our team because our defence is set in stone
- Astbury is injury prone
- Dea is a freak in the gym, they've developed him very well and he's durable
- Chaplin probably isn't going to be playing in a few years the way he's going

Even if he isn't a permanent spot holder, we'd be getting rid of one of our best depth players and we'd get nothing in return.
A list is much more than just the starting 22.

Take into account:

- Arguably our best VFL player
- One of the best VFL defenders in the league
- Isn't in our team because our defence is set in stone
- Astbury is injury prone
- Dea is a freak in the gym, they've developed him very well and he's durable
- Chaplin probably isn't going to be playing in a few years the way he's going

Even if he isn't a permanent spot holder, we'd be getting rid of one of our best depth players and we'd get nothing in return.
A list is much more than just the starting 22.
I take it the mystery man referred to is Dea , I agree is good depth and would have played much more footy had we sustained injuries or losing games with a suspect defence ,

There'll be less contested footy because there'll be less players at the contest.

Outside speed, gut running and rebound off half back will be more important than ever, hence Yarran is essentially the pick-up of the off-season.
Moore can gut run. Got a big tank on him, will go and go and go all day

If we were to get Moore, surely any delisting would have to come from Gordon or Thomas, well id have Thomas first then Gordon....
Dea is in competition with Batchelor for that "semi tall' half back role and if bachelor gets inj or form drops (still having nightmares of the EF) then we have ready replacements a bit like Astbury/Elton for Chaplin's role or Griff/McBean for the 3rd tall spot if we go that way in games....

He takes thomas' spot .
Port reject who dominates at a lower and is ok on smaller grounds at AFL level .
Possibly but I reckon they value Thomas being in the wings ready to go when there's an injury and can come in with 20+ possies , not easy to replicate

If we were to get Moore, surely any delisting would have to come from Gordon or Thomas, well id have Thomas first then Gordon....
Dea is in competition with Batchelor for that "semi tall' half back role and if bachelor gets inj or form drops (still having nightmares of the EF) then we have ready replacements a bit like Astbury/Elton for Chaplin's role or Griff/McBean for the 3rd tall spot if we go that way in games....
I'd just about be strung up for suggesting it but TBH I'd give him a go in place of Steve Morris who was really found wanting. At the top level , won't happen coz he s contracted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes..... And Jarrad Grant both first round draft picks cheap you don't get a chance like that everyday.Grant would be a great foil as permanent pocket next to jack & Ty

Yes..... And Jarrad Grant both first round draft picks cheap you don't get a chance like that everyday.Grant would be a great foil as permanent pocket next to jack & Ty
Nope, Moore fills a need as a big bodied inside mid, Grant doesn't as we can't even get McBean into our forward line yet

Yep, I don't mind building a premiership VFL side. Great culture and player development. how many picks do we have after 120?

Good cheap depth....Grant is smart & has tricks hasn't had the big forwards next to him before . If he took third or fourth defender he would be very dangerous .
Its kinda telling that he got cut from a team that doesn't have very strong key forwards
Sure they have the $1.6m kid in Boyd that is in front of him, but Crameri, Dickson & Stringer are their key forwards and they are all under 190cm
Cheap depth is great for a position we need coverage, otherwise its a spot taking up the development of a player

He was drafted in 2007 and is still 10kg underweight, even after 8 years in the AFL system

If we get him for pick 120, then in effect we obtained Townsend and Moore for Pick 70.

Two young but ready to go midfielders for an absolute nothing pick.

I'm more keen to do it now. 189cm 90kg bull is what is needed as we all saw in the final. Him with his physical presence and Townsend with his kamikaze style would be something good for us. For pick 70. Bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back