Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about Carl v Port.
View attachment 2058018

… I put it down to coach…
… Port should be in the same sentence as Swans, … but they are in the same grouping as… Bombers etc for some unknown reason

What does he mean by “unknown”? He said it himself that it’s “coach”.

Can someone help me here. I didn’t get it at all.

Think Little Man GIF by MOODMAN

Trigger Warning: pro-Hinkley

ANOTHER THOUGHT …

WHY IS THE HEAT ON HINKLEY?

It’s time to put the discussion around Ken Hinkley’s future on ice.

Why there is continual negative commentary about the Power coach, I cannot understand.

Here’s the facts.

Since his first season in 2013, Hinkley holds a home-and-away winning record of 60.63 per cent and the only two clubs he has recorded more losses than wins against are Adelaide and Geelong.

That says to me that he knows the opposition well and his planning, organisation and selection of the team generally holds sway.

Winning coaches are hard to find and the argument that the message might be getting stale after so long in the chair doesn’t hold up for teams that remain above the win-loss ledger and inside the top-eight.

Hinkley still has one year remaining on his current contract and deserves to at least see that out.

The knock on his finals record — which stands at 5-7 — is somewhat justified.

However, all matches in September are incredibly difficult to win.

Let’s see what the Power can do in finals this year — if they make it — before we get caught up questioning the coach.

Here's the facts: Ken Hinkley holds the record for most games coached at a single club in a single tenure without ever making a grand final, let alone winning one.

And that 5-7 finals record criticism which Mick says is "somewhat justified" includes just 2 finals wins since 2014, no wins in knockout finals since September of 2014, and 3 knockout final losses at home between 2017 and 2023 inclusive.

It gives me a bit of hope that he hasn't come out and quashed the rumors in some faux display of "loyalty" like in previous years.

I guess time will tell.

If there is some credibility to the rumours he'd be crazy not to go for it if he wants to keep coaching, *grifting, the writing is on the wall here for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ken plays the 'best form' card before every big game and he's probably right, our best form would beat most sides.

But we almost never produce it in big games. Why would that be so?

Ken plays the 'best form' card before every big game and he's probably right, our best form would beat most sides.

But we almost never produce it in big games. Why would that be so?
Multiple choice.

A-The Coach
B-The Coach
C-The Coach
D-All of the above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken got snappy when asked about the West Coast interest. 4:50 - media asks Ken about link to West Coast.

His reactions gives me slight optimism at least.

"Surely I don't have to answer those questions," with a smirk and then deflecting to "We've got a big job. We've got five games in our season and hopefully more to play... it's really clear that I am coaching Port Adelaide, and I continue to coach Port Adelaide and I've got a contract to coach Port Adelaide."

He could easily have said "I am not interested, the rumours are false, etc.", which hopefully could at least mean they've been in touch or already are in negotiations.

Last edited:

"Surely I don't have to answer those questions," with a smirk and then deflecting to "We've got a big job. We've got five games in our season and hopefully more to play... it's really clear that I am coaching Port Adelaide, and I continue to coach Port Adelaide and I've got a contract to coach Port Adelaide."

He could easily have said "I am not interested, the rumours are false, etc.", which hopefully could at least mean they've been in touch or already are in negotiations.

Exactly, something in the water with WC

"I've got a contract" is not in dispute nor was it the question.

"They've had opportunities. It's time to deliver."

Robbo was crying over any criticism of Ken after 12 years of failure, but Brad Scott needs to be in the hot seat ... because Robbo sees Essendon as a real team and non-Vic sides as a side-show.

Essendon should just be thankful they're part of the league, and Scott has them challenging for the 8. They're just a little battler club from Windy Hill, hey Robbo. Isn't that how it works? Why would you hold standards towards your footy club?

… I put it down to coach…
… Port should be in the same sentence as Swans, … but they are in the same grouping as… Bombers etc for some unknown reason

What does he mean by “unknown”? He said it himself that it’s “coach”.

Can someone help me here. I didn’t get it at all.
I think he is saying that there isnt a clearly defined reason for non performance, becauase there have been very good lists. His personal theory is that the reason is the coach.

Why is there no "is continued criticism of Bevo unfair? Is continued criticism of Simmo unfair?" Those guys won flags.

I'm convinced you can't criticise donuts because he's genuinely ******ed

It's always posed as a question.

If they say straight out "the continued criticism of Hinkley is unfair", then they have to deal with the indisputable facts. If they just ask the question, then they're just opening a discussion and not committing to a point and can't be yelled at about it and they were never actually wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back