Rounds 9 & 10 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 10 - Trades

Anyone trading with MPP in mind? For example, would anyone trade Martin up to Goodes and a Rockliff to a McNeil, then swap Goodes into the fwds and McNeil onto the mids bench or is it not worth trading in a player that's not going to be playing?

I'm keeping an eye out for an MPP fwd/mid as I have Boomer, Pav, Didak in the fwd line. I'm thinking of maybe getting McNeil at some stage for JKT who is on my bench in the mids. Might be well worth it when I need cover later (Neither appear likely to be playing) and I can make $50k on the deal!!!

Add someone like Waite to your backline and say a Weston into the forwards and you have MPP available between both Forwards and Mids and Forwards and Backs. If you have someone like Maguire as a D8 then he could be covering all of your backs and fwdlines, a much better option than relying on Gumbleton in the fwds for example. Anymore than four players out however and the thing fails as both McNeil and Weston aren't going to be playing.
Also a Martin -> Goodes trade requires alot less money than lets say a Rockliff -> Goodes, the money saved could be handy later on.

I'd go the first because Cox is more likely to hold scoring over the whole year rather than NicNat who I think will drop off at some stage because he's young etc.

Having said that, Goodes has dropped a ridiculous amount in price this year and his BE is 59 this week, so if you want him, this is the week to go get him.

Thanks its a tough choice. have to get Goodes this week if I want him and he does have the DP advantage, though I am ahuge cox fan. I guess I could get Cox later but not sure I can mange both.

I'm keeping an eye out for an MPP fwd/mid as I have Boomer, Pav, Didak in the fwd line. I'm thinking of maybe getting McNeil at some stage for JKT who is on my bench in the mids. Might be well worth it when I need cover later (Neither appear likely to be playing) and I can make $50k on the deal!!!

Similar line of thinking, am actually considering a sideways trade Vince -> Boomer so that I can use Pav, ROK, and Boomer as MPP. I think by usinng this strategy it will be less risky have going into the second half of the season with limited trades

Add someone like Waite to your backline and say a Weston into the forwards and you have MPP available between both Forwards and Mids and Forwards and Backs. If you have someone like Maguire as a D8 then he could be covering all of your backs and fwdlines, a much better option than relying on Gumbleton in the fwds for example. Anymore than four players out however and the thing fails as both McNeil and Weston aren't going to be playing.
Also a Martin -> Goodes trade requires alot less money than lets say a Rockliff -> Goodes, the money saved could be handy later on.

Waite's on the radar too for next week. I have Davis in the back line playing as bench cover so he may be very handy. Him or Grundy (Who looks to be sliding a little).

I'd wait for Waite.

I'm upgrading to Goodes this week, but in order to get the cash, i need to either:
Downgrade Gumby to Watts
or
Downgrade Warnock to some 83,400 ruckman

Can't decide, cause i reckon that Gumby won't get dropped, and would be more likely to play later in the season, so would be more handy cover.

???

Will definantly do bastinac> Murphy

My Backline is Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Malceski, Kennely, Water, Maguire (Davis, webberly)

and thinking of maybe doing Kennely> Gilbert/Fisher?
Do you think i should just hold on to kennelly for the 3 weeks or trade him out and if so who for?

What does MPP stand for?

And what was the site to check players b/e this week. Interested in a few like Harvey's and Brown's.

Thanks.

first option looks best as franklin is in form and you can upgrade fyfe later in season once he makes you$$

Good in theory, provided you've left your self trades for upgrades later in the season.. which I haven't

I should have stated, that was my completed forward line barring major injury.

i don't know what the hell to do this week with my team....really i don't

backs, enright, goddard, malceski, goodwin, hodge, waters, maguire...em silvagni, webberley

mids, ablett, dal santo, judd, mitchell, selwood, barlow, em trengove, martin

rucks...sandi, hille, em trengove, warnock

fwds, harvey, pav, o'keefe, hall, pods, fyfe, giansiracusa, em duncan, davis

9 trades left....192k in the kitty,

i was thinking of upgrading duncan to goodes......barring selection of the teams...then double trading to strengthen backline maybe... i don't know what to do..help me out please

backs, enright, goddard, malceski, goodwin, hodge, waters, maguire...em silvagni, webberley

i was thinking of upgrading duncan to goodes......barring selection of the teams...then double trading to strengthen backline maybe... i don't know what to do..help me out please
Your side is pretty much set, just maybe upgrade 1 off Waters or Maguire..
If I was you this week I would be looking at downgrading 1 off Trengove or Martin to a rookie and upgrading Duncan to Chapman..
Put Fyfe on the bench then all of a sudden your side looks very strong..
Trengove and Martin are in your team as an investments, they might rise a little more over the coming weeks but if you want to imporve your side asap, you have to make a call now..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do know that its not compulsory to trade every week? :) I dont know if you need to make any upgrades this week. If your that keen on Goodes then do the Duncan to Goodes trade and swap him with Fyfe I suppose but atm Fyfe is just as likely to outscore Goodes, Hall or even Gia. Your team looks pretty solid at the moment no need to make trades just for the sake of it.
In a couple weeks there will be some cheaper Backline upgrade options like Hurn, Heater etc. that you could look to upgrade either of Waters or Maguire too.
Nothing really to downgrade to in the mids so you will probably have to wait to make some cash out of Trengove or Martin because thats too
much cash to have on the pine with your midfield already set.

In fact what I would do if I was you is look at trading in McNeil from Sydney for either one of Trengove or Martin. This would open up your MPP for M/F to cover injuries rather than needing to use a trade. Because you only need 1 of Martin/Trengove to cover injuries for the rest of the year because they both have excellent job security!
McNeil most likely wont play but hes dirt cheap at 83K making you almost $300K that will allow possibly 2 upgrades to your team which doesnt need much more upgrading as is.

This is my side;
B: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Goodwin, H Shaw, Waters, Maguire
emer: Waite, Webberley
C: Ablett, Judd, Barlow, Selwood, Deledio, Higgins
emer: Shuey, JKT
R: Sandilands, Tippet
emer: Seaby, Warnock
F: Brown, Franklin, Hall, Pods, Balantyne, Ziebell, Peterson
emer: Davis, Lobbe

Im still undecided where I am going to use Waite when he returns, possibly up forward (MPP Waite & Davis) and I also have Tippett in my ruck with the MPP (Tippett & Lobbe)

I have 12 trades left with $40k in the bank..

I am looking at trading Seaby --> Skipper and Peterson --> Goodes this week..
This will leave me $100k in the kitty with 10 trades so I can possibly upgrade 1 off Maguire or Waters to a fallen prem in my back line the following week.
Any of you guys have any other thoughts? Should I alter my squad elsewhere? Maybe swap Higgins and Ziebell via the MPP feature and upgrade Ziebell to a prem in my centre? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Want to get rid of Luke Ball this week. Got plenty of cash so whos the best out of:

Judd v NDS v Cooney v Montagna v Murphy v Hayes v Pendles

This is my side;
B: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Goodwin, H Shaw, Waters, Maguire
emer: Waite, Webberley
C: Ablett, Judd, Barlow, Selwood, Deledio, Higgins
emer: Shuey, JKT
R: Sandilands, Tippet
emer: Seaby, Warnock
F: Brown, Franklin, Hall, Pods, Balantyne, Ziebell, Peterson
emer: Davis, Lobbe

Im still undecided where I am going to use Waite when he returns, possibly up forward (MPP Waite & Davis) and I also have Tippett in my ruck with the MPP (Tippett & Lobbe)

I have 12 trades left with $40k in the bank..

I am looking at trading Seaby --> Skipper and Peterson --> Goodes this week..
This will leave me $100k in the kitty with 10 trades so I can possibly upgrade 1 off Maguire or Waters to a fallen prem in my back line the following week.
Any of you guys have any other thoughts? Should I alter my squad elsewhere? Maybe swap Higgins and Ziebell via the MPP feature and upgrade Ziebell to a prem in my centre? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

How long until Seaby is back?? Tippets useless IMO Id rather have Seaby on field than Tippet. You have a lot of MPP cover obviously set it up for cover which is smart.
Skipper probably wont last the whole season for cover if your looking for it but if your only looking to free up cash then go for it. I think I would upgrade Ballantyne ahead of Ziebell, Ziebs will provide much more consistency and could pump out consistent 70s for the rest of the season which is adequate given you need upgrades elsewhere like: One of maguire or waters, petersen and possibly Tippet.

Goodes is cheap but may not rise by much next week if he gets 80-100 this week, so it could wait a week.

And have you forgotten ROK? His scores of late have been affected by numerous concussions in consecutive weeks and will be cheaper next week almost the same price as Goodes so I would jump on then. You could possibly bring in goodes and ROK in 2 consecutive weeks if you arent against having 2 swans in there.

Want to get rid of Luke Ball this week. Got plenty of cash so whos the best out of:

Judd..
He has an off game and still posts 100+..
All those players are guns, but for Supercoach, Judd heads that group by a few lengths..

^^^^

Im also wondering the same thing about any cheap midfielders with job security... Thinking of downgrading Trengrove next week!!! I have Rohan already...

There's no one really.

Just be thankful you had Rohan before he started to get expensive.

The only possible I can think of is Gysberts at Melbourne later in the year, but I, like most people, can't really wait that long, so I'll probably upgrade and try and downgrade somewhere else.

Judd purely based on scoring, he should ave 120+ for the rest of the season, but without seeing how many trades and upgrades you need to do and who else is in your mids I would jump on either Montagna or NDS due to St Kildas easy run home to finish the season.

Cooney is too up and down, Murphy is solid, Hayes again another easy run home just depends what Saint you like, Pendleburys score seem to have been permanently affected by Malthouse using him all over the place so probably would steer away from him.

Overall NDS is too cheap to ignore this week if your looking to save cash but he doesnt handle the tag real well so Montagna may be the best choice. Missed the boat with Hayes by a week I reckon.

Judd purely based on scoring, he should ave 120+ for the rest of the season, but without seeing how many trades and upgrades you need to do and who else is in your mids I would jump on either Montagna or NDS due to St Kildas easy run home to finish the season.

Cooney is too up and down, Murphy is solid, Hayes again another easy run home just depends what Saint you like, Pendleburys score seem to have been permanently affected by Malthouse using him all over the place so probably would steer away from him.

Overall NDS is too cheap to ignore this week if your looking to save cash but he doesnt handle the tag real well so Montagna may be the best choice. Missed the boat with Hayes by a week I reckon.

Ive got 14 trades left with $550k in bank. Got probably 6 upgrades left. Including Martin in the midfield (which ill prob get ablett for in a few weeks).

Im thinking Clark to Cox and Ball to Judd/NDS this week.

Leave me with 12 trades and $285k in the bank.

With 1 more downgrade should be enough for martin to ablett in coming weeks?

How long until Seaby is back?? Tippets useless IMO Id rather have Seaby on field than Tippet. You have a lot of MPP cover obviously set it up for cover which is smart.
Skipper probably wont last the whole season for cover if your looking for it but if your only looking to free up cash then go for it. I think I would upgrade Ballantyne ahead of Ziebell, Ziebs will provide much more consistency and could pump out consistent 70s for the rest of the season which is adequate given you need upgrades elsewhere like: One of maguire or waters, petersen and possibly Tippet.

Goodes is cheap but may not rise by much next week if he gets 80-100 this week, so it could wait a week.

And have you forgotten ROK? His scores of late have been affected by numerous concussions in consecutive weeks and will be cheaper next week almost the same price as Goodes so I would jump on then. You could possibly bring in goodes and ROK in 2 consecutive weeks if you arent against having 2 swans in there.
Seaby is still about 8 weeks away, I was always going to trade him once the right option was there.. I am planning on upgrading Warnock later in year to a prem ruckman that is why I am looking at Skipper this week..
I made the decison to keep Tippett, and I am planning on using him in the ruck until that Warnock upgrade happens..
I originally had ROK in my team but due to Halls NAB Cup I changed my team a fair bit.. To make Hall fit in I did the following
IN: Hall, Deledio, JKT
OUT: Ballantyne, ROK, Bastinac..
Had ROK & Ziebell in the midfield with Danger & Higgins in fwd line..
I had Ben Warren instead of Ballantyne originally, ended up bringing Ballantyne in after rnd 3..
I am looking at picking ROK up, possibly for Ziebell or Ballantyne next week..
So if I made those trades this week, and ROK next week, my ruck and fwd line would look like this;
Sandi, Tippett emer: Skipper, Warnock
Brown, Goodes, ROK, Franklin, Pods, Hall, Ziebell/Ballantyne emer: Davis, Lobbe..
So you think Ziebell has got more to offer than Ballantyne?

Ive got 14 trades left with $550k in bank. Got probably 6 upgrades left. Including Martin in the midfield (which ill prob get ablett for in a few weeks).

Im thinking Clark to Cox and Ball to Judd/NDS this week.

Leave me with 12 trades and $285k in the bank.

With 1 more downgrade should be enough for martin to ablett in coming weeks?
I would keep Clark, dont sideways trade to Cox..
I would offload Martin and Ball this week and pick up Judd and NDS..
That will leave you with 12 trades and $210k in the kitty..
Than look at picking up Ablett the week after, mind you, you will have to use 2 trades for that..
I would be interested to see your team..
Cant believe you dont have those players in your team..

I would keep Clark, dont sideways trade to Cox..
I would offload Martin and Ball this week and pick up Judd and NDS..
That will leave you with 12 trades and $210k in the kitty..
Than look at picking up Ablett the week after, mind you, you will have to use 2 trades for that..
I would be interested to see your team..
Cant believe you dont have those players in your team..

TEAM as it stands with 14 trades and 558k kitty.

B: Hodge, Goddard, Malceski, Enright, Goodwin, Bock, Maguire
Emg: Sheppard, Webberly

M: Bartel, Barlow, Selwood, Boak, Ball, Martin
Emg: Howlett, Shuey

R: Hille, Clark
Emg: Warnock, Stanley

F: Brown, Pav, Rok, Gia, Hall, Pods, Ballantyne
Emg: Gumby, Hitchcock

Any suggestions other than what i have mentioned?

I havent gone through each post on this thread, however 1 player that I havent seen mentioned yet is S Burgoyne.. With scores of 82 and 98 so far, and his bubble this week, how can you guys see his SC scores panning out for the remainder of the season?
I reckon he could be the difference for many coaches who want a unique player to come out and score heavily.. At $386k he would have to be a bargain surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back