Noble Frampton Dean
Maynard Moore Quaynor
J Daicos Pendles Sidey
Harrison Howe WHE
Hill Cox Elliott
Cameron Crisp N Daicos
Sullivan Lipinski Markov McInnes
Sub - Macrae

How many games has Krueger won for us at AFL level or VFL level in the past 4 years?

Why do people rate him so highly?

Potential I assume

I don't "rate" him per se, but I've always been excited about his potential mostly because he has all the physical attributes and is clearly a competitive person

They just lost by a goal to a team we drew against last round?

Here’s the challenge …

… the folks who think these games are a certainty tend to be the folks who go off their nut when we lose them (as happens from time to time)
again, if Pies play properly there is no dnger at all, they have their mojo back, and to see how they lifted 20% after Sullivan goal showed that, Carlscum are a good side and we beat them,( hopefully twice this year) , but coasters are not a patch on us , and they have arguably lost their two best players....

to be fair to Dean, literally everyone except Frampton did

Moore was terrible for the first month of the season and he's our captain

I feel people were being pretty harsh on a debutant who has been injured for 2 years and barely even played VFL, let alone AFL

I still think Dean will be fine with more time actually playing
Nah - I reckon he is a spud , coughs up ball and panics too much.

Every game is a danger game but every game is also an opportunity.

I think we win comfortably and we see a little something from the individuals playing different roles this week.

We turn up to play, we bank this one

Undoubtedly Krueger, is the riskiest pick of the trio.
Not convinced he has either the capacity to play the game effectively at the highest level and the capability to endure a qtr let alone a full match.
Macrae to me hasn’t really been convincing in his quest to make it at the top level. Not sure what his point of difference is, like you inferred.
Thou I will say, having not had substantial time to mould/improve/develop his game at the senior level, I am reticent as yet to fully dismiss him entirely.
Carmichael has shown some quality and tenacity in his limited senior appearances, thou he also has flaws that haven’t really improved enough to warrant consideration.
Krueger for me is the most dangerous risk, thou for one night only may fulfil a need. Just don’t see his longevity for a couple of reasons.
How much VFL have you watched in concluding Macrae has no point of difference?

Bro…

Mihocek
McCreery
Elliott
Schultz
De Goey
Mitchell
McStay

Like, there’s outs and then there’s outs

I get that Waterman, Allen and Yeo are very big outs for you. But Collingwood is entering “not enough fit players on the list to take the field” territory lol
for two weeks , then all or most are back :p

We're fortunate that West Coast have come out of the game against Essendon with a few injuries themselves IMO.

They pushed the Bombers to within 6pts which is only 6pts off what we achieved the previous round.

They seemingly aren't the complete basket case they were.

More than that, when you're now entering a game with 4 and possibly 5 of your best forward mix missing that spells danger no matter the opposition.

Throw in no De Goey, Mitchell and the Marvel location and I'm just happy coming away with a win of any margin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chaz has been playing above VFL level - but only gets a look in if they relocate one of our defenders up forward
Animated GIF

Maynard frampton howe
Quaynor Moore noble
Daicos (*) sidey
() () (*)
() () Hill
Cameron (*) daicos

That’s potential starting 22 left. Discounting Murphy

I know we are playing the eagles, but that’s not a spread of injuries that’s easy to cover. Doubt any team could cover this and expect to just win even against north or eagles

I’m leaning towards changes like (if Elliot is out)

Maynard frampton dean
Noble Moore IQ
Daicos crisp Sidey
Harrison cox Lippa
Hill WHE Howe
Cameron daicos pendles
Int: Sullivan, leggy, WHE, reef
Sub: bytel

If Elliot gets up, Howe stays back and dean isn’t included

Maynard frampton howe
Quaynor Moore noble
Daicos (*) sidey
() () (*)
() () Hill
Cameron (*) daicos

That’s potential starting 22 left. Discounting Murphy

I know we are playing the eagles, but that’s not a spread of injuries that’s easy to cover. Doubt any team could cover this and expect to just win even against north or eagles

I’m leaning towards changes like (if Elliot is out)

Maynard frampton dean
Noble Moore IQ
Daicos crisp Sidey
Harrison cox Lippa
Hill WHE Howe
Cameron daicos pendles
Int: Sullivan, leggy, WHE, reef
Sub: bytel

If Elliot gets up, Howe stays back and dean isn’t included
I don't think we'll play Dean back. Changes our structure too much.

I think we'll see Macrae selected. His VFL form has been decent.

I’m thinking we go with the same backline. In the last 3 games we’ve only conceded 7, 6 & 6 goals after 3/4 time after adjusting at quarter time.

I think without our best forward line the key will be keeping the opposition score as low as possible so we don’t have to kick a massive score to win.

I’m thinking we go with the same backline. In the last 3 games we’ve only conceded 7, 6 & 6 goals after 3/4 time after adjusting at quarter time.

I think without our best forward line the key will be keeping the opposition score as low as possible so we don’t have to kick a massive score to win.
That defence has begun with the forwards - and our two best defensive forwards are out - and not going in with an aerial game up forward will further weaken the defence. I'd be switching Howe forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back