Opinion Riddle me this: Why are we playing WCE at Marvel?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the rubbish that we get fed.

It's Rd 9 and and we are yet to play a home game at the MCG against a Melbourne based club?

Why is our stadium deal better than Geelong have at gmhba? Richmond at the G? Wce at Optus?

Because of when we play our mcg games and who we play. The Carlton/Essendons etc. Just timing that we have been “away” to them so far.

But you do you and keep up the whining.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I ask this question every year. Aka playing Marvel. Even a home game against Nth there and sometimes the Doggies.

I think it’s an absolute farce.

Though I think Jen once pointed out it’s an AFL contractual thing for us to play a certain number of games there each year
It absolutely IS a contractual thing. In exchange for us having two home games at marvel we are guaranteed five extra away games at the MCG.

on top of that some of those away games will be against marvel tenants, negating any home games we might have to play at marvel against marvel tenants . It also means there’s a very high likelihood that whilst we remain competitive there’s little chance of having to travel to Geelong.

Crowd size will be interesting on Sunday.

We normally get 35,000 plus but given the time and MD, I am guessing under 30,000.
I’ll be watching from the couch. Would have gone to the G.

It absolutely IS a contractual thing. In exchange for us having two home games at marvel we are guaranteed five extra away games at the MCG.

on top of that some of those away games will be against marvel tenants, negating any home games we might have to play at marvel against marvel tenants . It also means there’s a very high likelihood that whilst we remain competitive there’s little chance of having to travel to Geelong.
We haven’t played down at Geelong since 1992, so I’d say there’s no chance of playing there in the future.

We haven’t played down at Geelong since 1992, so I’d say there’s no chance of playing there in the future.
Low chance but not none. If we become cellar dwellers at any time in the future then it’s a possibility now that the Geelong ground has been significantly upgraded.

Anyway it wasn’t my main point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generally we play a finals game at Marval
Happy to play a couple of games there before
Be unhappy if the only game a years was a final

Very good crowd yesterday - similar to ess v GWS.

Maybe it will become a regular for us.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back