Round 6 Gameday Chat/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What did every expect , I actually think quite a few things have come from the game mainly those that have terrible decision making have been exposed massively. The contests have been pretty much man in man so those who are lazy have been exposed. I have been one who has questioned Deledio's application especially when things aren't going his way , pass .
I've been dissapointed with mcguanne and jacksons efforts !!

What did every expect , I actually think quite a few things have come from the game mainly those that have terrible decision making have been exposed massively. The contests have been pretty much man in man so those who are lazy have been exposed. I have been one who has questioned Deledio's application especially when things aren't going his way , pass .
I've been dissapointed with mcguanne and jacksons efforts !!

I expected the players to atleast have a crack.

As you say, those who have been lazy have been exposed. 95% of the team has been lazy. Our mindset going into this game was all wrong.

Might just get my weekly umpiring rant out of the way... early in the game when the game was still... a game... we got nothing. Mark in front not paid (goes up the other end for a goal), the non-reward for our tackles, the 50m pens.. etc.. it's very hard to win at Geelong.

tuck ok
rance ok
nason ok

dea to early for him to be playing afl
swap him for webberly

the only good thing about today is carlton are losing

I thought Farmer was ok. But then most of the stupid things ive seen him do were from watching him live at the game (i was watching on TV today.)

Im not too upset about today. Sure it was a bad loss, but i was expecting worse.. much worse.

after quickly thinking this over at the end of the year i want the tigers to get simmonds to retire then trade someone like tambling or someone to GC and hope for 2nd or 3rd rnd pick and trade maybe a pick or two to carlton for hampson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His decision making is still ordinary , effort is always there !!

I must watch games differently. He had a few rushed kicks forward 40 meters to a contest but IMO i prefer that far more than handalling to a bloke under pressure in our own 50.

He is best at extracting the ball out in close to the blokes who can make better decisions with the ball. That's why im baffled he was ever put on the HBF. But im turning into a broken record on Tuck so I'll leave it there.

Just got back from the game.
Mitch Farmer was OK. Showed some run and carry.
Nason continues to impress.
Jack continues to get slaughtered. Would like to see him work harder when the ball hits the grouind though.
Tuck and Deledio were reasonable.
Astbury showed some good signs.
Vickery is horrible. At least he has a bit of mongrel about him I suppose (trying to find some positives for him:eek:).
Our defence was bombarded but we were very poor when Geelong got inside 50m.
Morton doesn't do enough. EVen thjough Nahas doesn't much either, he at least works his arse off when he doesn;t have the ball.
Came straight from Melbas on the Gold Coast, onto the plane and to the game. Free Crownies best part of thd day.

*checks around for getthefooty*

Tugg, you're pissed mate. :p
Two hours sleep on the plane. That's all I have had for three days. I am maggoted. I won't deny it this time.
BTW I went to see GC vs Casey yesterday at Southport. Jack Watts is seriously the worst footballer of all time. I could not believe how bad he is.

how long until we start to question the game plan
a full preseason and 6 games so far
we haven't really been in the contest in any on the 6 games

we started good against freo then died

is it a question of game plan or players not being able to stick an play the game plan

would it be worth a shot going back to basic

everyone man on man
kicking long to a contest or space moving the ball fast by foot
you attack the ball or your out

i think the current game plan is a winner but only with players with good skills
we are currently lacking skills and turn overs are costing us major

Not even good enough for Richmond? (would swap Mcmahon for him..)

Were the locals as feral as ever tugga?
Not sure about the locals but we were feral. One of our blokes was absolutely giving it to Watts. I lost $150 on the tote. We were sitting in the Southport complex. Great stuff there. I even became Southport Sharks member for $10:eek:
Went to the Titans vs Panthers game after that too.

Vickery was pretty good early, but fell away as the game went on. Certainly has that mongrel though, especially this year, he has been getting angry lol. Good to see.

Is he much better than Pattison though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 Gameday Chat/Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back