Preview Round 5, 2016: Hawthorn v Adelaide, 22 April 2016, 7.50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is the interstate games. Otherwise, I like the idea.

NEAFL clubs play interstate on a weekly basis, I'm sure we can do the same for the reserves? VFL has games Sat and Sun where the WAFL play only saturday and I think the SANFL is only Saturday to, any reason why VFL want to be different? Costly for weeks like this

This.

That forward line of:

Walker
Jenkins
Betts
Lynch

I'm probably missing a few...very good
We're going to need to improve our contested ball and centre clearances this week. If Adelaide keep winningbthe hard ball out of the middle and feeding it in quickly to that tall forward line our defense are going to be in for a tough day at the office.

NEAFL clubs play interstate on a weekly basis, I'm sure we can do the same for the reserves? VFL has games Sat and Sun where the WAFL play only saturday and I think the SANFL is only Saturday to, any reason why VFL want to be different? Costly for weeks like this
SANFL schedule games on Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday, with the bulk of games played on the day that Adelaide Oval is not used for a home AFL game.

SANFL schedule games on Friday nights, Saturday and Sunday, with the bulk of games played on the day that Adelaide Oval is not used for a home AFL game.

Yeah didn't really know about the SANFL..

Have a feeling we are going to absolutely belt the Crows like we pulled Freo's pants after the hype up.

3 stats after round 4 that say that's not gonna happen:

Clearances - Crows 1st Hawthorn 7th
Contested Possessions - Crows 2nd Hawthorn 7th
Average goals - Crows 17.8 per game (2nd), Hawthorn 13.2 (11th)

Doesn't mean we'll win, but we certainly won't get belted.

Pretty sure Bruest could beat us with 21 Auskick kids as his teammates. Honestly don't think you lot have a lot to worry about Firday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

That forward line of:

Walker
Jenkins
Betts
Lynch

I'm probably missing a few...very good

Their best 2 forwards;
Walker - Was towelled up by Chip in the SF last year.. absolutely belted.
Betts - Has been owned by both Strats and Liquor in all contests over recent years. 2 goals in last 3 games.. interestingly Breusty has kicked 12 in the same games, incl 6 in the SF.

Provided we don't get belted in the middle, confident, Gibbo/ Birch/ Duryea and Burgers (amongst others) can cover the remaining bunch, even with Jenkins height advantage.

3 stats after round 4 that say that's not gonna happen:

Clearances - Crows 1st Hawthorn 7th
Contested Possessions - Crows 2nd Hawthorn 7th
Average goals - Crows 17.8 per game (2nd), Hawthorn 13.2 (11th)

Doesn't mean we'll win, but we certainly won't get belted.

Why does that suggest you wont get belted?

Pretty sure Bruest could beat us with 21 Auskick kids as his teammates. Honestly don't think you lot have a lot to worry about Firday night.
It's this sort of passive/aggressive stuff that makes crows supporters such an absolute joy to be around.

It's this sort of passive/aggressive stuff that makes crows supporters such an absolute joy to be around.

What? I'm being serious. Bruest smashes us every time we play and we don't have a good answer in defence for his type of player. I can't see Cheney keeping him quiet for example.

Why does that suggest you wont get belted?

Adelaide could very well belt us given our form line. All it took for St Kilda was to put pressure on the ball carrier on our HFB line and we looked in trouble getting it out.
I'd say Adeaide are in better form that St Kilda.
Hawks need to take this game seriously and crank the volume up! At the moment were on about 5.

Hawks need to take this game seriously and crank the volume up! At the moment were on about 5.

Interesting you bring this up on page 11!
tumblr_inline_mjzgvrh7Uv1qz4rgp.gif

What? I'm being serious. Bruest smashes us every time we play and we don't have a good answer in defence for his type of player. I can't see Cheney keeping him quiet for example.

Laird is more than fair small defender.

On form Adelaide should be all over us.

I honestly think if we win it'll be more for Burgoyne than having woken up yet, we still haven't figured out what to do without Roughead & Hale to be honest.

Clearances are a major issue at the moment for us, and specifically centre clearances.
The reason we are having more tackles and less score on the board directly relates to this.
As much as i do like mcevoy, im getting sick of watching him tap the ball down the oppositions throat.
Really need to make use of when we get a dominant tap, and all the rest just try and make it a contest.
If Adelaide keep clearing the ball like they have been, and we are as bad at it as we were against Saints, its going to get ugly very quick.

In saying this, im sure Clarko has a plan in place that will see us singing the song at the end of the night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back