Preview Round 16: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Etihad - Sunday 4:40pm, 19/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with the changes.. With the defensive half settled you would think donuts will play in the forward half.. I hope McDonough and Lennon play well and hold onto their spots.. Vickers can replace one of Hampson or Maric .. Edwards to replace Gordon .. Griff to replace Newman..

Funny how different our team that plays hawthorn will be to this one

I predict a loss against the saints (but I always do)

You can make an enormous impact even as a sub. A lot can be shown in a quarter of football. Even just a certain play, whether or not that is a goal saving tackle, a tackle that results in a goal, a courageous mark or even a clever goal assist. Any piece of talent will satisfy me.
VFL form does not guarantee AFL form.
Exactly. This will result in certain career success
upload_2015-7-17_18-34-30.png

Had us losing this when I saw Morris was still in the team. Now he's out, my predictor calculator has us winning by 143 goals

Is that all???:confused: That's miserly of you...o_O:p

Lennon is a great kick of the footy...reckon Jack will be licking his chops at the thought of being on the end of his passes
He's got to get it first

Just got to show us something special. ANYTHING!! Can't be bloody soft on these players. Don't waste space on our list if you're not going to perform given the chance to prove yourself whether that be on the ground from beginning to end or as sub. If you've been given a golden opportunity that not many people have, you have to relish on that chance.
You can make an enormous impact even as a sub. A lot can be shown in a quarter of football. Even just a certain play, whether or not that is a goal saving tackle, a tackle that results in a goal, a courageous mark or even a clever goal assist. Any piece of talent will satisfy me.
VFL form does not guarantee AFL form.

Can I Mayo instead ?:p;)........:oops:...Ok I know where the exit is.....

Pretty happy to see Lennon and McDonough getting a run. One thing I would like to see from them is pressure and defensive effort. If they can get a few tackles and 1%ers each, they are decent enough users of the ball to make the most of limited possessions, not really fussed about how many touches they get but if they get played mid or forward if would be nice to see them kick a few snags.
Agree with a poster above that if Newman is the worst player on the park then we're doing okay- at least he is a decent kick and can be accountable defensively.
Come finals time, we can't afford to be carrying players like Morris and Gordon. Big opportunity for these kids to book senior spot in the team for the long haul.

McDonough or Lennon starting sub to replace the other one midway through the 3rd quarter. Both out next week to be replaced by Thomas and Morris.

Sweeeeet.

Some good changes and rewarding some form finally.

Licking my lips at the kicking of Lennon and McDonough under the roof!!

Newman sub for mine..or possibly Gordon.
Lennon and McDonough deserve full games as does Lambert, and Lambo will need to replace Morris in offering defensive pressure.

Some other upcoming milestones

Round 20 vs Gold Coast = Cotchin 150, Maric 150, Grigg 100 for RFC, Griffiths 50 (assuming he plays)
Round 22 vs Essendon = Vickery 100 (assuming he plays)

Never understood the fascination with milestones. These are professionals. It's not as if they need a reason to "get up" for a game. Moreover, it's hard to think of any other job where this is even a thing. I've never seen anyone put up a banner in my office for, say, someone's one thousandth day at work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never understood the fascination with milestones. These are professionals. It's not as if they need a reason to "get up" for a game. Moreover, it's hard to think of any other job where this is even a thing. I've never seen anyone put up a banner in my office for, say, someone's one thousandth day at work.

One for the suggestion Box ?;)

Suffer to all the campaigners who are going to watch the VFL game tomorrow. Another two hours of Morris
It will be like watching someone trying to water ski for the first time
He puts A lot of effort in trying to keep upright and keeping his head above water
Great changes and I hope Oldman is next
250+ games and captain from 09-12, jeez I hope we can all send Newey off with a pat on the back and thanks for giving your all instead of a please don't let the door hit your arse on the way out attitude. Im pretty sure 250 games for the yellow and black get him that at least

Now that he's been selected :mad: I wouldn't have Gordon as sub. Tell him that this COULD BE his last half of AFL ever, Now or never and it better be bloody good.

Just can't see it myself.
Happy that McDonut and Lennon are playing. Dea must be the unluckiest man at the club.

Exactly. This will result in certain career success
View attachment 153433
Whatever leads to 4 points.
Now I know that McDonough has talent, you've got to have talent to even get close to being on an AFL list, but what those acts tell you is intent and resilience. They want to take responsibility and are not weak as piss. Having talent can only get you so far. If you don't will yourself to get involved and make an impact you, whether that be kicking goals or even just chasing and putting pressure on your opponents, you might as well just do nothing at all.

Whatever leads to 4 points.
Now I know that McDonough has talent, you've got to have talent to even get close to being on an AFL list, but what those acts tell you is intent and resilience. They want to take responsibility and are not weak as piss. Having talent can only get you so far. If you don't will yourself to get involved and make an impact you, whether that be kicking goals or even just chasing and putting pressure on your opponents, you might as well just do nothing at all.
being played in position helps. being played for a full bloody game helps too. I hope he has a blinder and bends dimma over

250+ games and captain from 09-12, jeez I hope we can all send Newey off with a pat on the back and thanks for giving your all instead of a please don't let the door hit your arse on the way out attitude. Im pretty sure 250 games for the yellow and black get him that at least
Wrong thread bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back