Autopsy Round 16, 2024: Hawks cook the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel good, who else feels good?

seinfeld dancing GIF

Day and Sicily would be the two worst players injured for us going frwd.
Lewis in for calsher which is an upgrade so no real biggie there but Day and Sicily hopefully right to go. Don't have direct replacement for them. And I'd hate to lose those cats and think what may have been come the end of the game without those two. !
Think we may be able to cover 1 of them not both. Potentially Day as we have decent depth in that area and their midfield is fairly average.

I would’ve been happy to lock in a 10 goal win before the game. The inaccuracy will have this win go under the radar though.

Our defensive pressure was oppressive. We just dominated the ball and gave them nothing to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was nervous about this one, more so coming off the bye and wondering how we'd perform. Thankfully after a slow start on the scoreboard, started to punish them and put them away in the third.

Few players to highlight:
  • Meek was exceptional, taps were great, worked hard around the ground and took a couple of big grabs. Seeing him find his feet and cement his position as our number one ruck has been a great credit to him. Last year he lacked that aggression and hunt. This year, he'd be up there in our B&F
  • Chol keeps on giving us a good content going forward and his defensive work is still underrated. Loving what he's bringing to our forward line
  • Sicily has found the freedom more in the last couple of games and his ball use is such a weapon for us to break down opposition zones. Hopefully pulls up okay after the shoulder popping out.
  • Loved Impeys game today, nothing fancy about it but just clean and I don't recall him burning many of his touches.

10 goal win interstate is a good result.

Dominated all day.

Jiath was fantastic in 1st half, he is back.

D'Ambrosio is like wow. Great get from Bummers.

Backline was too good all day, rebounding with ease.

Midfield was dominant and smashed eagles who floundered all day. Newk, Worps brained them.

Day is the difference maker - all class.

Once we started converting in fwd line the game was quickly over.

Team is gelling well and if Mitch and Bruest come back next week for Dear and Morrison, we will go in as favourites.

If someone told me our ledger would be in the positive at 8-7 after being 0-5, I would have laughed. Well we are on the charge.

Scats, Dorkers and Wobbles in next 3 weeks are all difference makers in wether we make the finals in 2024.

The Hawks are back folks, we are back.

If our midfield plays this way again next week, expect the Cats to be cursing the boys from Glenferrie once again ... lol 😆

Can't wait. Go Hawkers, believe.

smashed them, should have won by 100 but i’ll take it. Lewis halving a few of those intercepts would have made a big difference.

dear out, lewis in.

sicily missed 2 or 3 last time it popped out, you’d think he will again. They will be aiming to get him to the end of year before surgery.

i think we can cover him without a like for like replacement so ward or bruest in as sub. Thought harry was great.

Loved the way we tried to share it around today getting everyone involved. Some of the kicking and transition through the middle of the ground was similar to my Miyabi knives …… slicing with precision! Didn’t always come off but we are building very nicely as a knife set.

Busted a gut all day. Had the foot injury, got smashed but watched him closely and was chasing hard and doing the pressure acts till the very end. He would be absolutely knackered after today. 2 very handy goals too.
Not discrediting his game. Just sometimes think he is being too cute. Or the pushes after a holding the ball call are on the edge of a reversal. I'd like to see some of that stuff tapered back a bit. I'm a huge Ginni fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16, 2024: Hawks cook the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back