Game Day Round 1. Hawks V Blues. 1/9/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna struggle to find a favourite player this year but with some pretty heavy Irish heritage I don’t know if I can go past the Irish girls.

Aine has become so bloody consistent between this season and last. Always chips in with a few goals every game.

Aine has great footy instincts, you can't teach that, you either have it or you don't, that's why she's one of my favourites
Sporting instincts in general, given basketball and Gaelic background. One of those unfair people who can just seemingly effortlessly pick up anything they play. Lucky we have her! That forward line is formidable and Strats has to come back yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our highest ever score.
Given the conditions, that was by far and away the most skilful AFLW game I’ve seen from our team.

Great link ups, targets hit in the wind, clean footy and some astonishing snaps.

I realise Carlton have been a pretty ordinary unit for a while, but we made them look very ordinary and I think have the talent to push the perennial finals contenders in 2024.

Very impressive performance.

Loved the goal celebrations too! 😉

2 players who could improve from rd1 were Williamson who was a bit fumbly and Hipwell who dropped an easy mark in the goalsquare and had little impact overall, but they would be better for the run, Bodey could've had a big day 1.4, a lot of hopeful snaps

Given the conditions, that was by far and away the most skilful AFLW game I’ve seen from our team.

Great link ups, targets hit in the wind, clean footy and some astonishing snaps.

I realise Carlton have been a pretty ordinary unit for a while, but we made them look very ordinary and I think have the talent to push the perennial finals contenders in 2024.

Very impressive performance.

Loved the goal celebrations too! 😉
Was pretty much going to say this , by far the most skilled performance I've seen from the girls .

Great first outing to shake out the cobwebs, the recruiting has been amazing, so many quality players in the new faces. Still a bit if work to do but by golly the list looks good. The conditions at Frankston will make it a bit of a fortress for us, we will set up a bit better with experience. West, Bates, Breed and Fleming to form a formidable on ball brigade. Go Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 1. Hawks V Blues. 1/9/24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back