Game Day AFLW Round 8: vs GWS, Kinetic Frankston, Sat 19Oct 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

According to wikipedia (which I also just posted in the mens forums)

500k to the club
250k to the mens program
250k to the girls program.

I don't believe the club actually can use the money however they want.
I think it has to go as rewards to the players and coaches. Maybe wrong though.
thought the fans all got a million each. I've been death-riding Brisbane for almost nothing?

Agree with almost all of this.
I know Bridie's family, Bridie has been battling some issues the last 2 years, actually quite amazing she has even gotten on the park given what I've been told. This week is the first time in a while she has appeared to play unhampered, and probably due to the fitness coach completely changing how she trains)

Agree on kash. I love her as a person, but we are definitely beginning to see her skills fall. She's also having quite a few footsteps moments when she should be able to take easy marks or make a relatively simple spoil.

Rich should be AA, but it's the AA, so I'm sure they will find a way for prespakis or something over her

Elliot I feel is a shut-down defender and not much else. Nothing wrong with it, but as the newer girls develop their 2-way running, I feel the gamestyle will see Laura in and out of the side based on match-ups
I've quite liked Hipwell's game, she's definitely been persisted with and I hope it keeps paying off. Maybe won't be a key target much like McDonagh is developing into but honestly see similarities to Gilroy's game (maybe not the ability to play midfield but as she develops a tank, never know). Having her as a threat will help give defencss headaches given they'll also have to focus on so many others.

I like Elliott too, but unsure on what her role is in future. I think this season Kemp has definitely passed where I thought she'd be. Last season she had good run of games marking and rebounding, so even if in future focus more defensively, she has other tools to work with. But we have 170cm Richardson leading our defence, I've given up trying to figure it out, just glad it's going so well. TLR has been outstanding. Them or Smith for most improved player this season imo.

I'm fine with Ashmore, I don't think any wing has had a good game recently, which is no surprise given dimensions of Frankston.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFLW Round 8: vs GWS, Kinetic Frankston, Sat 19Oct 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back