Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Had some extra cash available in real dt and traded Dangerfield out an hour before lockout

Dodged a bullet.

That's a gusty call. I find it hard to imagine Danger not being one of the top 2 forwards this year.

I definitely considered it but I just don't rate many forward premiums this year. I wanted Wright but having all 3 of Caddy, Wright and Higgins in the same forward line made me uncomfortable.

Danger usually has poor r1s, this round it probably better to go with Roughhead since he is a bully against Brisbane.

Just Caddy in Fantasy, Caddy and Danger in RDT. (Jacobs in UF)

Took Jaensch out last minute in Fantasy once I saw Langford was named...seriouusly considering him for my Rd2 side though.

sj bartel last minute and caddy happy with tonight took the punt on sj round 1 bartel only put him in for his 250th thought he would get heaps bigger with his halftime score

1583 with suckling stanton x ellis roughead jkh to play not that great unless some boys score big

Had some extra cash available in real dt and traded Dangerfield out an hour before lockout

Dodged a bullet.

I had extra cash but for some reason thought Danger would be good value. Should have listened to what his name was telling me.
Had Bartel pencilled in very early on , and stupidly thought he may not score much this year.

I had extra cash but for some reason thought Danger would be good value. Should have listened to what his name was telling me.
Had Bartel pencilled in very early on , and stupidly thought he may not score much this year.

I'm still very wary on Bartel. Is playing forward to much for my liking. I opted for a much safer option in the backline in Enright. Think Bartel only added like 21 points in the second half.

The different strategies involved in RDT v Fantasy make this thread confusing. It would be easier if people indicated what format they are posting about when they say things like "good thing I didn't start with X" etc.

I'd say let's have separate discussion threads but judging by the rate my team threads one of them would be a ghost town. Also, there is a lot that can be said here that can apply to both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In RDT what are people doing with their rucks

Spending quite a bit on a R3

Picking 2 and hoping Currie gets a game
OR
Taking Hale forward with Thurlow and trying DPP.

None of these sound that appealing

Dodged a bullet.
No, he was always going to be crap in Rd1 in Geelong V Geelong, just look at history against Geelong. RDT isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

MacDonald for the vest? I'm looking at that line up and I think it'll be out of him, Wright and Adams

My basic plan is to sit Thurlow at R3/4 and trading a fwd to Hale/Dixon if needed at some point.
Yep a tenous For/Ruc non playing back up with nobody I can actually swap them with and a perennial emergency named player is the best cover I have at the moment.

Feeling pretty uneasy with Sandilands and Hampson though. I don't have the most durable ruck combination

OR

I went for Thurlow paired with Dixon. Still think it will be OK despite Dixon's initial drop in value.

OR

I'm tempted to go Hickey and Sandilands and just accept I'll need to use a trade or 2 by having Currie and 98k ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back