Rolling Flag Contenders 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I worry for Melbourne that they are becoming the Geelong of 2012 - 2021. Around the top 4 (and a team that you need to beat if you want to be a top side) but never the best team in any given year.

That's a good summation actually.
Unlike you though, I don't worry as I'm happy to see them drop off.

They have had generational talent in the form of Oliver, Petracca and Gawn. Seldom rarely do you get this in the one midfield unit and only make it to a solitary grand final.
If they can't get there again in 2024, they are going to really fall away without any ruck or KPD prospects to alleviate Gawn and May's imminent decline.

I agree with Jake

Tim was far less salty and a lot more accurate.

Jake has confessed to doubling down on tipping against Geelong weekly, being furious when he gets it wrong and trying to explain why deep down he was sort of right.

Jake has confessed to doubling down on tipping against Geelong weekly, being furious when he gets it wrong and trying to explain why deep down he was sort of right.
Major lol at the Freo bloke in the comments.

Good read for any Dees or Cats fan....or anyone who's not a Freo fan really.

What the hell is a Tim Miller!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm I dont remember saying anything about Geelong... Just that I agree with Jake that the Blues were the better team playing last Saturday and look in better shape for a crack at the flag.

I’m a Melbourne supporter and I’m declaring us out of the race.

We’re just not good enough and have a sub par coach.

Carlton, GWS, Sydney, Geelong and Collingwood (if they actually get their arse into gear) are the contenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back